Forums Latest Members

Replacement genuine strap for yellow Schumacher

1. william86 May 13, 2020

Hi i'm looking for some advice on where to purchase a new strap online for my Speedmaster REF 38101240, I've found a couple on ebay but I dont know if i trust the sellers.
    Idealy I want to buy genuine but I would consider a very high quality reproduction
    Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. Dale Vito May 13, 2020

The ref. nr for the original strap is 97640064, hope this helps.

william86 likes this.
  3. william86 May 22, 2020

Thanks for the help, I had my new strap delivered yesterday but i now think my buckle may not be correct, would you know the reference number for the buckle? Thanks in advance.
    Regards Will watch strap.jpg

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 22, 2020

Two are listed:

Tang buckle is 94511602

Deployant clasp is 94531603

Cheers, Al

william86 and Als 27 like this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 22, 2020

Does that strap fit both? The strap seems to be for a buckle not deployant. I wonder if that’s the OP’s issue.

william86 likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 22, 2020

Items can be looked up several ways, and sometimes you need to do sort of reverse search to find what you need on the Extranet.

So earlier I first put the strap number in, and you can click on a link "buckle" to find the buckles that went with the strap - this came up with no results. I then looked up the watch itself, and noted that the strap and those two buckles are listed for this watch. It is implied that they all work by the way it's listed.

I just now searched on straps to fit the deployant, and it brings up a padded gator strap. I then looked for buckles that fit that padded gator strap, and it lists the same tang buckle that is listed for the yellow strap. This implies that the two buckles can be used on one strap, and the fact both are listed on the watch means it should work.

So I did the same thing and looked up the tang buckle, and it lists 11 pages of things that match - on page 10 of 11 it lists the strap 97640064. Everything points to both these buckles working on this strap.

If the OP had specified what buckle he has, that might have helped, but right now that's all I can offer.

william86 and Foo2rama like this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 22, 2020

thanks for the research. I’m used to systems like that also, where you have to approach things sideways sometimes to get the info you want.

I know in my eye looking at that double ridge and the end of that strap, it does not exactly screaming deployant.

For the record I never doubted you, it just looked possible that there might be a second option, and I don’t know how complete the omega parts DB is for that era.

william86 likes this.
  8. Vercingetorix Spam Risk May 22, 2020

Just to clarify the deployant being talked about works with normal straps, it is not meant for the later straps that require a deployant clasp. upload_2020-5-22_10-48-35.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-22_10-50-42.jpeg

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. william86 May 27, 2020

Thanks for the help, I purchased the watch with a fake strap and only when I fitted the genuine strap did I realise the buckle was aslo fake and did not fit the strap very well. I would love the deployment strap but its a bit too expensive, I am going to order the original buckle this morning.

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. 981GT4 Jul 6, 2022

Sorry for reviving this thread - but I have a 3810.12.40 on the way, comes with a new original yellow strap but I want to buy another to wear as I please ... where did you find this strap? I can only find it on eBay.