Forums Latest Members
  1. Green Piper Jul 20, 2018

When I purchased my 1965 Constellation a few years ago, I noticed that the automatic winding bridge was non-jeweled. It is stamped “adjusted two (2) positions seventeen jewels.”

In the meantime, I have acquired a used 561 movement with a cleaner fully jeweled winding bridge that is stamped “adjusted five (5) positions and temperature twenty-four jewels.” From all the images I have found and a parts sheet for the 561,it seems that this bridge is the correct one.

I have removed the 17 jewel bridge and am in the process of swapping the bridges. However, the 24 jewel bridge came without any of the winding wheels.

So, I am hoping that all other parts will be transferable between the non-jeweled and jeweled bridges. Mostly, I am concerned with the pinions.

Secondly, could anyone share an oiling chart with me that details the automatic winding mechanism. From servicing my ETA mechanisms, I have a number of oils: Moebius 8200, 9010 Synta-a-lube, 8141, D-5 microgliss, and 8217.

I have no desire (or courage) to service my Constellation beyond changing the automatic winding bridge.

Thanks,
    Charlie

murph likes this.
  2. Green Piper Jul 20, 2018

OK, so the wheels and gears of the automatic winding mechanism the the 561 are taken from the 550.

So, I suppose the question remains that the oiling recommendations are for:

Synta Visco-Lube oil. So, the 9020 oil should work then!

Charlie