Forums Latest Members

replace the shorter rubber strap or the smaller deployment buckle?

1. khoalety Apr 27, 2014

Awhile ago I got a standard omega rubber strap/deployment buckle. My combo is the same as the PO 8500 with rubber strap version. The issues I have are:

1. I have to use the last hole on the strap with the buckle and omega sign on the buckle is on the side instead of the bottom of the wrist (6.5").
    2. Part of the day when my wrist shrinks the watch is a little loose and I like to wear tight.

Today I stopped by the local OB and the salesperson told me he can get me a smaller deployment buckle or a shorter rubber strap to replace with what I have right now to improve the 2 issues I mentioned above. If I can replace either a shorter rubber strap or smaller deployment buckle, which one should I go for?

I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thank you

IMG_0435.jpg
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 27, 2014

I would look at getting an isofrane, they fit quite differently, in that they sort of squeeze inwards from the sides, and create friction, giving the feel of a tight fit even when there's enough room to fit two fingers in under the clasp. Its a very secure but very comfortable strap.

3. khoalety Apr 27, 2014

I really like the look of the Omega rubber strap. From afar my son thought it is leather strap and I love the Omega deployment buckle from the first time I tried it on at an AD. Probably in another year or two I will give the orange isofrane a try when I'll get bored with the Omega bracelet and the rubber strap. Thank you for your suggestion, dsio. :thumbsup: