Forums Latest Members

Repair recommendation in northern NJ?

1. bwayne13 May 22, 2014

Apologies if this is covered somewhere on this forum but I couldn't find it. I have a Seamaster that I bought new about 15 years ago. A few years back the crown would no longer stay screwed in (is there a technical term for "crown screwed in"? ) I took it to a local jeweler, they sent it out somewhere, when I got it back it never felt right meaning when I'd screw the crown in when it was new - say it had a full turn (probably didn't but - example) when it came back from repair it would only go about half turn. We're a few years down the road and now the crown again won't stay 'screwed in' after winding. I'm not going back to my local jeweler again, I was hoping to find a referral to a competent Omega repair shop in northern NJ (Morris county ) or even NYC. Thanks in advance

2. bwayne13 Jun 24, 2014

76 views and 0 replies? Should I be asking this question somewhere else? Thanks

3. Mothra Jun 24, 2014

bwayne, I live 4000 miles away from nj so although I looked I didn't feel competent to comment. Having said that, if I'm completely honest I know that if you search on new jersey service you quickly come up with Steve (N2FHL) as a recommendation, and then a further search on that user shows he's pretty busy and has a long wait, but so does every other recommended watchmaker on here. Does this help?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 24, 2014

Yea I'd ask Steve, he's busy but he's very good

5. msp1518 Jun 27, 2014

At that age your watch needs a full on service. Lord knows what your local guy did to it. Contact Nesbits in Seattle or this forum's very own Archer, who is in Canada. Don't worry about mailing the watch out. I've done it. Just send by regular priority mail with insurance (flat rate mailing excludes watches in the fine print so do not mail that way!).

6. patin1729 Jun 29, 2014

Have you gone to the Omega Store in Short Hills Mall?