Forums Latest Members

Repair in San Francisco Bay Area?

1. mrmr Feb 15, 2015

I have a Speedy Moonphase 357650 and I when I picked up my watch this morning I realized the bezel came off (and was lost) last night. I certainly did not hit it extremely hard. I do remember grazing it against my car door last night but it wasn't hard at all and I've searched with no results for the bezel.

Nonetheless I need to repair this and would like to do it at a shop here in San Francisco or the surrounding area.

Tourbillon in Union Square told me they would send it to Southern California to be serviced and it would require a partial maintenance in addition to putting on a new bezel. I told them the watch was not damaged, working great, but just needed the bezel. He responded by asking "how do you know what's going on inside?". I'm insulted that Omega would insist on work that wasn't needed and further more not requested by me.

Thank you all very much for any leads to a good watchmaker that could get this part and fix it for me.

/m IMG_5727.JPG

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 15, 2015

Oddly attractive without one...
    Drive to Oakland and go to Otto Frei on 2nd St (at Oak, I think). Might call first. I'm not sure if this is it?
    [​IMG]
    Or order on line at ofrei.com.

mrmr and ffej4 like this.
  3. micampe Feb 17, 2015

I've worked with Paul Seregin at http://www.baumeswissjeweler.com. I've only had him work on two watches so far but I was happy with the service and (not important for your case) he is sympathetic to vintage pieces.

I also talked to someone in the Shreve tower whose name I forget right now but they didn't want to take my job (the Valjoux I posted last week).

Edited Feb 17, 2015
    mrmr likes this.
  4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 18, 2015

I have known Paul for nearly 30 years. He sold a beautiful Patek Philippe Nautilus Jumbo 3510 "Comet" to me a couple years ago, and a few others over the years.
    While I have never used his repair services, I trust Paul completely. With his experience in the field and running a business, I expect his repair facility is top-notch.

mrmr likes this.
  5. trama Feb 18, 2015

I recommend watchmaker Franz Lorist who has been working in Menlo Park since 1967. Rent was $80 when he started.

651 Oak Grove Ave Ste KMenlo Park, CA 94025-4331
    (650) 322-9821

mrmr likes this.
  6. ffej4 Survey Man Feb 19, 2015

I have to second this! It looks more dressy without the bezel, in my opinion. It's actually kind of neat.

By the way, Mrmr, I love the profile picture. I totally got the reference.

Buckeyes#1 and mrmr like this.
  7. mrmr Dec 29, 2015

Hey guys, I just wanted to follow up on how this went. I took the new bezel and my watch to the omega service center (not official anymore since they ended that program) at 210 Post St above Shreve. I first went to see Frank at Downtown watch repair (in that building #304) and he was great. He looked at my watch, we talked about the model and Omega and then he said without question that I need to go upstairs to the Omega shop. Those guys were great. I picked up the repair a few hours later and have had no problems since.

tpatta likes this.