Forums Latest Members

Removing last link? Planet Ocean.

1. b-16707 Feb 9, 2018

Received my PO 8900 today. Dreamy watch. My wrists are super thin and i need to remove just one more link before it fits correctly. However when I remove the screw to the one circled, it doesnt seem like theres a bar in there for me to remove that link above it like the others? My micro adjust is already (at least what im assuming to be) all the way down also. Any ideas? Is there actually a bar or something in there? Thanks!

[​IMG]

demollo likes this.
  2. Meme-Dweller Feb 9, 2018

Yes, there's a pin in there. Same setup as the other links. Are you removing the screw on both sides?

3. b-16707 Feb 9, 2018

weird let me open it up again and check again. the others dont need any sort of hammer to hammer them out. just a pin to push them out and it comes out. This one, whatever is in there, if its a pin, is stuck pretty good. Same for both sides

yes ive removed screws on both sides. let me give it another try.

4. b-16707 Feb 9, 2018

Nope no beuno. Maybe when I get home ill use a pin and hammer.

the screws on the other side of the clasp are screwed in pretty hard and im risking stripping the screws on that side so i only have this side to work with. Would be nice if I could remove both side links and use the micro adjust.

Edited Feb 9, 2018
  5. Meme-Dweller Feb 9, 2018

I had one that was like that. I used a pin and hammer tool to lightly tap the pin out. The pin had a bit of loctite on the center of it for some reason. Someone showed up for work drunk at Bienne one morning...

OmegaRookie likes this.
  6. OmegaRookie Feb 9, 2018

It likely has some Loctite stuck in it. Warm it up with a blow dryer to get the screws out and you will likely be ok. There might even be some Loctite holding the pin in there. Good luck!

7. b-16707 Feb 9, 2018

Nice, good to know. Does Loctite come standard from the factory?

8. Meme-Dweller Feb 9, 2018

It's supposed to but is actually rather inconsistent. I've bought many new Omegas and some screws have it and some don't. Doesn't matter that much though since the load and stresses go on the pin. The screws just act as caps to hold it in. On a Rolex bracelet though, Loctite is crucial.

9. any4xx Feb 9, 2018

I’ve always used a lighter to warm up the links/loosen the Loctite before taking a screwdriver to them. I’d concur that there is probably a bit that had run down onto the pin when initially assembled. Heat it up and push it out.

10. Meme-Dweller Feb 9, 2018

You're going to get burn marks..

11. any4xx Feb 9, 2018

Never have. But I don’t actually barbecue the links. Just warm them up a bit.

12. b-16707 Feb 9, 2018

oh yes thats what the blue stuff is on the screws. Was asking if the pin itself has loctitle applied? which would be weird since the links pivot on that joint/pin.

But if you guys are sure theres a pin under that screw i circled then ill go hit it out tonight with a hammer after warming it up. Maybe ill warm up the link on the other side of the clasp also to get the screws out while im at it.

13. Meme-Dweller Feb 9, 2018

No, Loctite is only to be applied to the threads. It only gets on the pin if they applied too much and it runs down or they incorrectly applied it to the threads first then installed the pin, thereby dragging some down with it. Also, it should turn white after it sets, not blue.

14. b-16707 Feb 9, 2018

you would think that for a luxury product, things like loctite running or applying too much would be controlled. =P

15. b-16707 Feb 9, 2018

you guys were right. a bunch of loctite in there after i hammered it out. fell out like white dust. woohoo watch fits! thanks all!

any4xx and Meme-Dweller like this.