Forums Latest Members

Remember when Breitling said they were going to update their line?

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 29, 2018

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/breitling-navitimer-8-watch-collection/

Yeah no... Welcome to the new world where Navitimers do not have slide rules, and a Breitling clones the Rolex Day Date.

Breitling is now Tag from 4 years ago...

Breitling-Navitimer-8-9.jpg
    43mm

Breitling-Navitimer-8-14.jpg
    41mm I dub thee the Breitlex Day Date

Ok this one is not bad at 41mm But don't call it a navitimer!!! SELL OUTS!!!!

Breitling-Navitimer-8-1.jpg

sxl2004 likes this.
  2. 77deluxe Jan 29, 2018

I think the bezel inserts fell out.

3. sevenhelmet Jan 29, 2018

Apparently they're trying to blend in with everyone else? It's not ugly, but it's not what I'd think of as a Navitimer, either. I certainly wouldn't pay Breitling prices for it.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. 77deluxe Jan 29, 2018

it is interesting

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 29, 2018

I know they got new management and said they want to reinvigorate the line. Using the name Navitimer is just so wrong to me. The Chrono is not bad looking and the 3 hander is not bad.

6. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jan 29, 2018

I actually kind of like them, except for the day-date. Bezels seem a bit off.

7. jaspert Jan 29, 2018

Don't mind the 41mm dateless 3 handers except the bezel design....

The bezel looks like old Rolex Sub bezel with partially worn edge and missing the bezel insert.

Edited Jan 30, 2018
  8. McKinley Jan 29, 2018

Thank God these don't interest me at all, because if I had to view every Breitling eBay auction as well as every Omega auction, I wouldn't have time to hold down a job, be a father, or a productive human being. ;-)

McK

mr_yossarian likes this.
  9. bubba48 Jan 30, 2018

Insignificant watches without the typical Breitling "personality".
    The use of the Navitimer brand is a bad marketing operation.
    IMO obviously

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. ConElPueblo Jan 30, 2018

You actually get anything done?

Writing this from my job desk :D

McKinley likes this.
  11. McKinley Jan 30, 2018

@ConElPueblo I am still trying to get stuff done. I am still working full time, but like you I can peruse this site, eBay, etc. and keep up on my hobbies and diversions. The thing I work hardest at is being a father. I pick my daughter up from school every day my work schedule allows, go to field hockey and coach softball games, and go to cheerleader competitions. I am proud to say, I have seen my daughter every day of her life, now almost 13. I try and spend some quality time with her every day, go to the park, play a game, take her for a donut.....that sort of stuff. As a child who could go 2 weeks without seeing my father and never really having a relationship with him, this is very important to me. I am sure this is more than you expected or wanted for feedback to your innocent question. As a new father yourself, of a daughter no less, you may find you have the same desire and want to do for your little girl as well. Enjoy every minute of fatherhood. It sounds over the top, but daughters are precious.....all that and a bag of chips.

McK

Edited Jan 30, 2018
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 30, 2018

Well, not being a fan of the "typical Breitling personality" I don't see that lacking as necessarily a bad thing. Overall I don't mind the look of these, but the lack of any insert or numbering on the bezel is somewhat puzzling...

No idea what they cost, but my guess far more than I would pay.

Rodmar and Traveler like this.
  13. khanmu Jan 30, 2018

Wow, what’s with that empty bezel? Seems they’ve gone from being all substance and no style to... all style and no substance.

michael22 likes this.
  14. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jan 30, 2018

I wonder if they are going to sell customizable bezels.::confused2::

15. sevenhelmet Jan 30, 2018

I'd guess that's only if you own a Bentley.

16. redpcar Jan 30, 2018

I would call them un-inspiring. Middle of the road. Cautious. Average....etc etc etc.

At least they dropped the "B" off the ass end of the second hand ;)

17. Drawarms Jan 30, 2018

This new line is a disaster. There was very high hopes for a new line from them given the great selection of vintage breitlings to choose from. These watches look like whoever designed them had no-one telling them "no, this is not going to work."

18. sjg22 Jan 30, 2018

They’re all reasonably attractive watches.

However, they’re:
    A) Too big (no surprise - this is Breitling after all); and,
    B) Disappointing given how great the Breitling back catalogue is. AVIs, Navitimers, Top Times, Sprints.... lots of great designs from the past to draw on for inspiration make these a bit of a letdown.

Essentially they’re recent TAG Heuers, but bigger and more expensive. Unfortunately, probably a reasonably good recipe for commercial success, despite the feeling of us on this board...

Mark020 likes this.
  19. thatonewatchdude Jan 30, 2018

I don't know what it is but the bezels are really bothering me.... and the date window on the chrono is a little off putting but kudos to them for trying to ascend to being different.

20. abrod520 Jan 30, 2018

It would take a lot to get me interested in a new Bretling, and these are very much not it. However, that 3-6-9 chrono movement looks like it could easily fit into a 39mm case...