Forums Latest Members

FS Reluctant sale speedy triple date

1. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 23, 2015

Ok after last weeks major watch spending session I have promised the wife I will part with this watch. At the time I did intended to sell it but the cold harsh reality is I really don't want to part with it. This advert is only here to appease the wife so please expect me not to sell it. It's an omega speedmaster triple date circa 2002 and it comes as a full set. It's pictured with a leather strap but it comes with the original steel bracelet. I'm not going to put it back on the bracelet for the new owner because I don't want to sell it and I prefer the strap. It comes with all the inner and outer boxes/ hang tags etc. I have owned this watch from new and not bothered about parting with it. It's quite clean for its age but I haven't wiped it or tarted it up in any way to make sure its less desirable.
    I've been threatening to sell this watch from the day I bought it but couldn't bring myself to actually pull the trigger.
    The good points...... it looks great on leather!
    The bad points ......it's due a service but still keeps good time and the sub seconds had is off coloured. These aren't as desireable as the moonwatch and people find the dial on the triple date is a bit cluttered. The case size is small in comparison to today's current crop of watches.
    I will set the the price at a healthy £1000 so hopefully this will put off any potential buyers out there. I'm not bothered for any bloody foreigners out there and will probably insist on collection only if someone is stupid enough to actually want this watch.
    Here's some crappy iPhone pics of the watch.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Thank you all for looking and hopefully not buying, remember I am obligated to advertise this watch for sale by my wife, genuine buyers can jog on. my wife will only glance at the advert and not read the content so with your help I can dodge a bullet here.

Eve, KeithS, Shabbaz and 34 others like this.
  2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Mar 23, 2015

I think this one is un-sellable.

Because it obviously belongs on YOUR wrist. It would be very ugly (fugly, even) if it were on the wrist of any other, with exception. It looks incredible on yours (in WRUW)!

I suppose if she thinks it must go, you can send it to me, for safe-keeping for awhile......, then later... well, we can discuss!

Edited Mar 23, 2015
    Waynepjr and Event horizon like this.
  3. OmegaRookie Mar 23, 2015

What a sales pitch!!!!!! Are you in real estate sales? :D

watch3s and Waynepjr like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 23, 2015

What a horrid watch. I would never buy that. Good luck with your sale... you're gonna need it.

marco, haqq777, watch3s and 4 others like this.
  5. peatnick Mar 23, 2015

Perhaps, he's certainly not a stock broker, then he'd be telling us what idiots we are for not buying it!

Here's the clincher, can you spot the key selling tools in this pic
    [​IMG]
    No watch
    Empty box
    Empty bottle

Houston, we have a problem....

6. alam Mar 23, 2015

psst! @Event horizon ,mods have a bag full of tricks and can exercise black magic on threads/posts...:rolleyes:

OmegaRookie and dougiedude like this.
  7. ulackfocus Mar 23, 2015

This is the best listing ever on Omega Forums! :p

8. lillatroll Mar 24, 2015

I might buy it and when your wife is not looking you can buy it back for the same money. I won't even wear it, i probably wouldn t take it out the box.

9. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 24, 2015

Here's a couple of close ups for any interested parties, dougiedude and lillatroll have made the most sensible offers so far
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 24, 2015

Careful.
    axe.jpg

Hijak, haqq777, ulackfocus and 3 others like this.
  11. Pahawi Mar 24, 2015

Hilarious :thumbsup:

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 24, 2015

Who's doing your close-up photograps?

@citizenrich ?????

:D

STANDY and Waynepjr like this.
  13. toddle321 Mar 24, 2015

You know how watchrecon just picks a random picture from the ad rather than showing the first one? Here's how it appeared for me :)

image.jpg
  14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 24, 2015

Have to ask for a Movement and wrist shot then just to play along......

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

Really tempted to sniff out his wife's email address and offer her 750 quid directly

16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 24, 2015

I will throw in 10 quid for that...::popcorn::

NT931 likes this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

Well, I wouldn't be keeping it, I'd list it on eBay for him to bid to buy it back :coffee:

dougiedude likes this.
  18. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 24, 2015

That's all I need some bozo with a few bob in his pocket looking to buy a watch, listen pal I'm sure there's people on here desperate to sell their watch, why don't you go and bother them with your cash and leave me alone. If you insist on forcing cash on me I will report you to the mods mate and let them put you on the naughty step.Your as bad as my wife with her "try it on eBay"screeching in my ear.

Some people just can't take a hint

queriver, kkt, Waynepjr and 2 others like this.
  19. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 24, 2015

...in tears laughing.[emoji23][emoji1][emoji23][emoji1] This thread is CLASSIC!

Edited Mar 24, 2015
    kkt, dantaspaulo and OmegaRookie like this.
  20. NT931 Mar 24, 2015

Like ... best watch advertisement EVER! :D