Forums Latest Members

Reissue Broad Arrow Reference Number Help

1. WYO_Watch Feb 9, 2017

I am attempting to sell my Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow Reissue - reference number 145.0222. However, I keep running into other reference numbers that look exactly like my watch (3954.50; 345.0222; etc.). I have read through a few sites and saw that different reference numbers were releases with different straps? I found a great reference of the Speedmaster on Chronomaddox.com. But many of these watches I have seen listed have the same strap so that seems implausible. IMG_4689.JPG IMG_4692.JPG IMG_4694.JPG IMG_4610.JPG IMG_4655.JPG

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 9, 2017

145.0222 is the part number for the case in this example.

That caseback missing the flight qualified text shows it's a broad arrow case back.

Edited Feb 9, 2017
  3. WYO_Watch Feb 9, 2017

Thanks for the information! So 145.0222 isn't really the reference number of the watch, it is for the case back itself. So is the 3594.50 an accurate reference number of the watch?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 9, 2017

Actually its the part number for the whole case, it comes from the 145.022 reference number for earlier Speedmasters post 1968.

Yes that is one of the reference numbers for your watch. I think there are a few depending on strap and year.

WYO_Watch likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 10, 2017

Many people use the case number as the reference number, which can get confusing with modern watches. This is how things worked with Omega in the past - the only reference number was the number stamped inside the case, so naturally people used that to define the watch. But later on Omega started adding another number, because cases can be used for more than one watch, and that makes things more confusing when trying to determine exactly what the whole watch is when using just the case number.

So now what we call the reference number (also sometimes called the PIC) defines the entire watch, not just the case, so the reference number will define other aspects like the dial, hands, bezel, and any other variables such as being on a strap or bracelet. Note that your case is used on 2 different reference numbers.

Using the serial number of your watch, I have confirmed the reference number for you:

Serial number:77102296
    Article ref: 35945000

Cheers, Al

WYO_Watch likes this.
  6. WYO_Watch Feb 10, 2017

@Archer
    Thank you! That is just the answer I was looking for. I have read through many posts with you offering advice and guidance. Thank you very much for doing the same for me. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the OF in just the few weeks I have been on here.

7. WYO_Watch Feb 10, 2017

Now if only I had privileges to sell on this forum - I would like this watch to find a good home in the OF community. I know that the reissue broad hand is a relatively sought after piece, I just can't afford to keep it at the moment.