Forums Latest Members
  1. lando Feb 11, 2014

My recently bought 045.012-67 is at Steve for servicing. The case has been refinished in the past and shows new marks. Of course, I would leave it as it is, if it wasn't refinished before. But as that has already been done, i am not sure, if it is wiser, to refinish again, or leave it as it is. I do have a tendency, but do not want to influence your opinion.

What would you do?

Here some pics:

IMG_2031.JPG IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2036.JPG

Varasc likes this.
  2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 11, 2014

Looks nice as is and would leave well enough alone.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 11, 2014

A fresh case coupled with that bezel and bracelet would look off.

Either change to a NOS bezel and bracelet and finish the case (love it when I crack a joke :D)

or

Leave it as is.

It looks just fine the way it is, just like a gorgeous older lady who has a wrinkle or two but the underlying beauty shows through.

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 11, 2014

I would leave the case alone. :thumbsup:

5. Unwound Feb 11, 2014

Tie the case to the end of chain from the bumper of your truck and drag it around for a while!

Seriously, I would leave the case the way it is. These old speedies have been thru a lot over the last 40+years. Wear it proudly!

6. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 11, 2014

If you are undecided, do not choose that which cannot be reversed. Keep it unpolished.

JohnSteed likes this.
  7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 11, 2014

Clean it. Service it. Then decide.

but I for one would not refinish it.

8. richardew Feb 11, 2014

That is a beautiful watch. All of the pieces go together, the worn bezel and case, nicely patinated dial and hands. I'd look out for another DON bezel and maybe change it if I found a nicer one. I like it as is though. It'll pick up other nicks if you wear it, but you don't have to worry about it.

lando and alam like this.
  9. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 11, 2014

leave it be.

10. alam Feb 11, 2014

Iando, below is--in my opinion-- the best free and prudent advice you'll get :thumbsup:

11. lando Feb 12, 2014

Thank you very much for all your input. I tended towards to leave it as it is, as I am intending to wear it with the original bezel. Now I know, that this is the way to go.

That is a really good point, as I am looking forward to wearing it.

Don't be surprised to see the bracelet refinished, when I will show you the final result, though. This is needed, as the refinish it has now, is not consistent.