Forums Latest Members
  1. dabbispade Jun 3, 2019

When there are vintage Omegas I see this a lot “refinished” dial - I simply don’t know what it means, has it been fixed in some way or just another omega dial in it or is it just aftermarket/fake dial ?

I’ve been wanting to buy one for my dad for his 60 birthday and not comfortable buying something when I don’t know what it means.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 3, 2019

A refinished dial is one where the original finish has been stripped away and reapplied/printed. Sometimes this is done with the original appearance of the dial kept true but often changed in some way, like a different color.

3. 321Only Jun 3, 2019

These are usually reprinted by a non-OEM facility. Sometimes even considered as fake dials. I would stay away from refinished dials as value equals 0 in both scenarios

4. Vitezi Jun 3, 2019

Watch collectors - such as those on this forum - prize originality. We desire watches that look as though they came right off the factory floor, even if that was 80 years ago. A redial is a repainted dial - it is a copy of the original, and no matter how good it looks - it is a copy nonetheless, and not original.