Forums Latest Members
  1. Pasbru Jun 3, 2020

Hi,
    I am in conversation and trying to do a deal of selling a watch to SHUCKTHEOYSTER does anyone know them personally? It’s a first time deal and they are asking I mail the watch first. I know they are curators of fine timepieces and of course appear to be top notch...but how would you proceed just want to be careful since they are asking to mail the watch first. I appreciate any feedback. Be safe all and thanks.

2. SkunkPrince Jun 3, 2020

Don't know where you are, but they are in Germany, and I would not sell to a place like that without delivering it in person.

Plus, when you sell to a store, they will of necessity low-ball you on their offer because they will have it in inventory for a while (unless your watch is magically special) until they sell it at a substantial markup.

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 3, 2020

suggest you do a search on their name. They have been discussed a few times recently. The seem to be a legit shop, and I have not heard about them trying to cheat anyone out of a watch. They seem to get the usual "their prices are high" and "they are selling something as all original when it isn't" type of dealer comments.

0uss and Dan S like this.
  4. Dan S Jun 3, 2020

So they are actually going to pay you cash for the watch, or sell it on consignment? I think that many of us would be interested in hearing more details if you are willing. I suspect that they will low-ball you, but personally I wouldn't worry about sending them the watch.

5. Pasbru Jun 5, 2020

Hi,

I sent photos of the watch they made an offer. After some days they mentioned since it was a first time sale I would have to mail the watch to I guess inspect it. By face value they seem fine but I also do not want any problems as well. I figured if someone in here knows of them personally maybe I can get an idea of some kind to either move forward or figure out another way. Thanks all!

6. JimJupiter Jun 5, 2020

I am living in Berlin and have met Arthur (the guy behind shucktheoyster) several times. I bought stuff from him and he bought some watches from me. He is nice and straight forward. His selling prices stand on a different table . If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to write me.

7. killer67 Jun 5, 2020

Are you shipping internationally? Consigned or selling outright?

8. Pasbru Jun 5, 2020

Hi,

Yes, I am here in the states, I am going to sell It outright but I guess they want to actually see the watch first...This is the first time I have had this happen that’s why I am asking, because it is not a common practice if you ask me.. I really have never done it this way. However, I will post it here again to see. Thanks all.

9. Passover Jun 5, 2020

10. Pasbru Jun 5, 2020

Hi,

yea, I mentioned I would and did so, let’s see how it goes. I appreciate all the input guys. Cheers