Forums Latest Members

Ref sought for this old oversize piece with a 265 cal.

1. livtrase Sep 25, 2015

Hey there. I was wondering whether anybody here can identify this oversize red gold piece? there is a 265 cal in it and the movement seems to be from around 1948. problem is that the lid does not have any ref. anybody seen this before? my best guess so far was a ref 2505 or a 2497...

pic3.jpg pic4.jpg pic8.jpg
  2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 25, 2015

It's a "Custom case" likely made in South America and not a swiss made case (hence no reference number). There have been several examples of these cases not being solid gold even though it is marked as such so that is a point of caution here. The dial is refinished as well.

noelekal and livtrase like this.
  3. livtrase Nov 16, 2015

Thanks a lot for this. The case is 750 red gold. I had it tested at the Swiss Federal Precious Metal Control Lab in Zurich (Switzerland).

4. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 16, 2015

but is it Omega red gold? ...

5. livtrase Nov 17, 2015

I am still trying to find out more about that. so far, it seems as if the watch wasn't produced in Switzerland. The movement seems authentic. It might be that the case was produced in Brazil or Argentina. The hallmark could indicate in 1953. The watch might have been assembled outside Switzerland too. Not sure whether the watch was a licenced production or not. Will show the watch to more knowledgeable people.