Forums Latest Members

SOLD REDUCED: Vintage 1960s Omega Seamaster De Ville w/ Original BLACK Dial

1. tomvox1 Aug 24, 2015

OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-lng copy.jpg
    OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-8 copy.jpg
    Up for sale is this lovely circa 1967 reference 165.020 Omega Seamaster De Ville in all steel "unishell" or "monocoque" front-loading case. This classic De Ville features a stunning and rare original gloss black dial with elegant white gold markers. This beautiful dial is Near Mint and overall this example of 1960s SM De Ville is in Excellent vintage condition with sharp lug chamfers and the case and back showing no polish that I can detect. It also features the highly regarded Omega caliber 552 full-rotor automatic movement under the hood, which is running very well.

The asking price for this outstanding example of classic Omega De Ville with rare black dial is now REDUCED to $895 USD OBRO, which includes fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. Bank Wire preferred. Paypal is also OK with split fees (+2% to the buyer). Other payment options upon application. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-1 copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-7 copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-9 copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-6 copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-5 copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-bk copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-move copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-innrbk copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-crwn copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-sd copy.jpg OmegaSMDeVilleBlack-4 copy.jpg
    CASE & CASEBACK: Classic 2-piece unishell front-loading steel case with snap on steel bezel measuring an elegant 34mm wide (not including crown) x 41mm long. There are some minor marks from wear and a few scratches but the lugs show no real polish, with the chamfers sharp and pronounced -- easily Excellent vintage condition. The bezel also has few scuffs and is likewise Excellent. The outer back has a few minor scratches but also features unpolished, super crisp medallion text and Hippocampus -- likewise Excellent external cosmetic condition. The correct reference 165.020 and all other period nomenclature are present inside the back of the monocoque case.

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely beautiful and Near Mint condition original factory-printed black dial featuring hand-riveted white gold bar markers with small luminous plots and applied OMEGA & Omega logo. All original white dial text and gilt minute ticks are crisp and legible. I rate this wonderful dial as Near Mint because there are just a few subtle marks to the glossy finish that can be seen at certain angles when the crystal has been removed (impossible to capture in photos). All the small luminous plots are present on the ends of their respective bar markers and there is just a hint of tropical brown patina peeking through in direct sunlight. The luminous filled stick hands and sweep seconds show their age a bit more with some signs of corrosion and there is loss of lume to the long minute hand. Therefore I would rate the original hands as merely Very Good. Simply a beautiful, elegant layout on this remarkable original De Ville dial and I don't have to tell my fellow Omega fanatics how rare it is to find an original black dial from this period!

CROWN: Original knurled signed Omega steel winding crown with split stem is Near Mint. The crown winds and pulls out to set the time as it should.

CRYSTAL: Slightly domed acrylic crystal has been Polywatched but still shows some scratches and marks from the years -- Very Good+ vintage condition. The OEM Omega symbol is present in the center.

MOVEMENT: Powering this De Ville is Omega’s in-house 24-Jewel caliber 552 full-rotor auto movement, arguably part of one the best mass-produced movement families in the history of horology. The movement serial # of 25,59x,xxx dates the watch to circa 1967. Pink copper plating is intact, very clean and shiny, and all bridges match in tone perfectly. While I do not know its service history, this watch is running strong and keeping excellent time. It is guaranteed to be working properly at the time of shipment.

STRAP: This great De Ville comes on a lightly used Swiss-made unpadded black leather strap with generic steel buckle. This watch has a lug width of 18mm.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Omega Seamaster De Ville is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

Edited Aug 30, 2015
    Tritium and Which Watch Next like this.
  2. tomvox1 Aug 26, 2015

Yin Yang Bump

3. tomvox1 Aug 30, 2015

Some nibbles but nothing firm yet so now REDUCED to $895 USD OBRO!
    Best,
    T.

Zaleskb1 likes this.