Forums Latest Members

SOLD REDUCED Titus Calypsomatic ref. 7986 1960s dive watch

1. septentrio Apr 19, 2019

For sale this nice example of the ref. 7986 Titus Calypsomatic. Comes with the original bracelet with fitting endlinks and signed clasp. This watch was found and bought by me in completely untouched condition. Pictures of the watch in the 'as found' condition are included in the sale. I since had the crystal polished, and the movement serviced. The back cover rubber seal was also replaced. There is still warranty on the work (6 months starting 6th of march 2019). My watchmaker is one of Belgium's finest.

The condition of the watch is really nice. Unpolished case with light scratches, nothing major. The glossy gilt dial is as good as perfect. Lume on the dial and in the hands is the original tritium (UV verified) and has turned into an attractive green/grey tone. The glass is the original one with the date loupe. Good vintage condition although there are some light scratches and some stains on the inside. It can be further polished by a good watchmaker but I decided to keep 'as is'. Marks you might see on the pictures are on the glass (in or outside) and not on the dial.

The bezel is very nice, slightly faded, and with the original tritium pip triangle still present. It turns very roughly (and not completely 360 degrees) so that mechanism should be checked by a watchmaker if it bothers the buyer. The crown screws really well, but it is a unsigned so according to me not factory original.

The bracelet is original but shows some stretch. Still very attractive and wearable in my opinion. The clasp has some dents. Some of the center links are slightly deformed. Other straps pictured are not included in the sale.

The case measures 37mm crown excluded. As stated the watch is just back from a full service (see first paragraph). The watch runs very nicely.

I'm asking 2.325 EUR, shipping excluded. The watch is in Belgium. Shipping is done bomb-proof.
    I have some feedback here, and more than 100 reviews on the Dutch Horlogeforum.nl. I also have a perfect ebay track record, next to an IG page with 1000+ followers (a_pylyser).

DISCLAIMER: movement and inside caseback pics were made PRIOR to the full service. A picture I received from my watchmaker during the full service also added see below last item.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jimmer, Stas, watch3s and 9 others like this.
  2. septentrio Apr 20, 2019

Bump, great vintage diver for summer!
    Reasonable offers welcomed.

d.f40 likes this.
  3. septentrio Apr 23, 2019

On popular request, a small video of the piece highlighting the dial. Asking price lowered to 2.075 euro!

And a picture of the watch in the ‘as found’ condition. All spotting is on the inside of the crystal, not the dial.

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 23, 2019
    bardamu and Just Livin like this.
  4. septentrio Apr 24, 2019

BUMP with a firm reduction to 1.825 euro shipping excluded. I think that's a very nice price for a 7986 in great condition, and freshly serviced with 6 months of guarantee.

Pjotr1 likes this.
  5. septentrio Apr 25, 2019

Bump

[​IMG]

6. jhross98 Apr 25, 2019

surprised this is still here. . .my Calypsomatic is one of my all time favorite watches to wear. beatiful gilt diver GLWS

sdre and septentrio like this.
  7. septentrio Apr 29, 2019

Bump. A nice example just sold on ebay for 2.8k USD. This ebay one has the signed crown, but the original crystal was unsalvageable, and there was a ding in the upper right lug. Also it was not serviced and still ‘as found’. In other words, it will take about 400 usd extra to get it on the wrist.

Just to confirm the good pricing of my example here ;)