Forums Latest Members

FS (REDUCED) Rolex FAT LADY Ref 16760 GMT Master II circa 1985 | $7288 USD | CRISPY MINT!

1. SgWatchBaron May 17, 2017

Snapseed.jpg
    Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg

Note
    :

The 16760 aka Fat Lady was made between 1983-1988 and was only ever made in SS and also the first GMT II. The 16760 GMT-II had an extra-thick case - .5mm thicker than its predecessor, as well as a thicker bezel & crown guards. This has led to the nick name "Fat Lady" - also " Sophia Loren". Bezel only came in Red/Black and movement was a 3085 cal. Tracing one to buy is more difficult than the 1675 or the 16750. Thicker case sits snugly and provides a comfortable weight on the wrist. Perfect for daily wear and much more reliant than it's vintage brethren. Also, the Fat Lady is an excellent tool for investment as they are currently trading at histrotically low prices.

Provenance:

I purchased this watch from a local Singaporean collector back in 2010 as I was crazy about Fat Lady's back then (the watch, not the type of woman). I've never worn it nor serviced it as I have plenty of Fat Lady's that was already in rotation. Watch has been stored in a temperature and humidity controlled environment since the day of my purchase.

Condition:

Dial: Tritium on the dial and hands has perfectly aged to a ivory hue that does not glow under intense light, which is correct for dials from this period. Some parts of the dial has light oxidation. There is also an unnoticeable hairline scratch on the left side of the dial that can only be seen in certain angles.

Case- Excellent case that has the original factory bevels clearly visible and and has wear from use.

Bezel: period correct fat font Coke insert that has faded with age and has light wear from use.

Movement: runs well when wounded. Service history unknown.

Bracelet- Ready to wear with a tight 78360 with 501b end links. (Full length )

Serial: 9,19X,XXX denoting a 1985 production.

SALES TERMS

I only sell to streamline my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I have been on ebay since 2009 with 100% feedback. I have bought many items on www.vintagerolexmarket.net and chimed in on many debates on www.vintagerolexforum.com. You can find my posts by searching my username (singaporeanwatchbaron or thesingaporeanwatchbaron) on those sites or on TRF/WatchProSite/MWR. I am the owner of @thesingaporeanwatchbaron (Instagram) hence you can surmise that protecting my reputation is of paramount importance.

Price/Payment: $7288 USD includes Fedex Priority delivery Worldwide, and insurance can be provided at buyer's expense. Bank transfer/wire transfer only. Deal also can be done anywhere in Singapore.

Returns: Guaranteed 100% Rolex Original and matching to the pics or full refund. No exceptions otherwise.

Some FAQ:

Why are you selling?

To buy some Tesla shares/stocks.

Are you a Dealer?

No.

What would you say counts against this watch?

If you're looking for a safe queen, this isn't the one for you. This is a watch to be worn and loved for years to come.

What do you like about this watch?

It's a Fat Lady, THE iconic neo vintage GMT!

What parts do you know to be replaced?

None in my years of owning it.

*much thanks and credit to the original authors of this Sales Format. It has assisted me bigly.

Also, additional wrist shot pics to come with bracelet attached.

Edited May 23, 2017
    yako54, Paedipod, watch3s and 8 others like this.
  2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass May 17, 2017

Nice watch, A+ collector here, GLWS

OMGRLX, SgWatchBaron and R3D9 like this.
  3. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 17, 2017

It's The Baron, people. 'Nuff said. And a beautiful chubby missy. :thumbsup:

SgWatchBaron likes this.
  4. SgWatchBaron May 18, 2017

Thank you my friend! :)

5. SgWatchBaron May 18, 2017

Thank you for the kind comments RolexBear! :oops:

6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 18, 2017

Wish I had the means to buy this watch...it's beautiful. GLWS!

Paedipod and SgWatchBaron like this.
  7. SgWatchBaron May 20, 2017

Bump

8. SgWatchBaron May 22, 2017

Bump

9. SgWatchBaron May 23, 2017

Price reduction!

10. sky21 May 23, 2017

I don't get it? There have been multiple threads over on TRF about how the price of these 5 digit GMTs has been exploding. Here is a cherry piece available from a very well known and respected collector and seller and still it sits unsold. Not sure where the disconnect is here.

SgWatchBaron and watch3s like this.
  11. smb0513 May 23, 2017

how about a nice closeup macro of the dial - please post

LawBrk likes this.
  12. SgWatchBaron May 23, 2017

Thanks for the vote of confidence sir! I'm sure your kind words would help me move this beauty to a good home! :)

13. SgWatchBaron May 23, 2017

Unable to comprehend nor compute... ::confused2:: :thumbsdown:

14. chows99 May 24, 2017

I am based in Singapore. How about you?

SgWatchBaron likes this.
  15. SgWatchBaron May 24, 2017

Singapore. Dropped you a PM.

16. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. May 24, 2017

He is asking for a close up, high resolution picture of the dial.

Picture 3 shows high degradation in the middle of the dial, + along the edge between 7 and 10 o'clock, and also an hour drag scratch on the left side of the picture.
    This particular model, 16760, was known for having dial issues such as spotting which is better depicted on your picture 7.

watch3s and ICONO like this.
  17. lillatroll May 24, 2017

Well I would buy it but I have a speedytuesday le to pay for. Perhaps it is not a good time to sell due to speedytuesdays and 60th anniversary speedies on order.
    It's a beautiful watch, I doubt it will be around much longer :)
    Glws.

SgWatchBaron and sky21 like this.
  18. ICONO May 24, 2017

+ 1

19. SgWatchBaron May 24, 2017

Yeah I know what he meant. However, I think he was just trying to trolling me. As some of us, commented on his so called "nos" dial that was for sale, which has since been deleted. I'll include macros soon.

20. SgWatchBaron May 24, 2017

Yeah man! I understand what you mean. I ordered 3 speedytuesdays...which seems abit ambitious now..

lillatroll likes this.