Forums Latest Members

SOLD: 8500-EURO: Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.012-67,1039/516, extract, B&P, serviced!

1. maxbelg Dec 9, 2018

Another watch I thought I’d never sell, but I’m selling everything I don’t wear and I’m into 6-digit Rolex at the moment. It's a 145.012-67 SP on its original 1039 bracelet with 516 end-links, serviced and "waterproof" with an Extract of the Archives.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought this beautiful, honest pre-moon Speedy here:
    https://watchesnorte.es/comprar/omega-speedmaster-pre-moon-1967/#

What I especially liked is the story that came with this watch: The previous owner had worn this watch since receiving it for his wedding (40 days before the first moon landing!!!) and his son then sold this watch to the watch shop 3 weeks before I bought it. Therefore it isn’t a one-owner watch in the strict sense but for all intents and purposes it is, seeing as the watch shop didn’t change anything prior to selling it to me. The date of the marriage is engraved on the case back and on the bracelet as can be seen in the pics, proving that this bracelet is original to this watch! There’s some interesting communication I had with the watch shop on one of the pics below.

The pics are not all from today as I wanted to show the watch in different light.

It is an honest watch with the same parts it must have left the factory in 1968. I believe the watch to be unpolished and it is in great shape, including the DON bezel. It’s certainly not NOS and shows normal wear. The only real downside to the watch I bought was that the original dial had been re-lumed and the hands painted white :whipped:. I guess this is much better than it having been sent to Omega where dial and hands and maybe bezel would have been replaced…..

As soon as I received the watch it was off to Christian (the watchguy) in the UK for a full service and re-luming of dial and hands. Here’s the link with pics of the entire service:

https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=3104&tk_id=274080081

The pics of the movement are from prior to the service as I haven't opened it since the service. There are some pics on Christian's site of the movement after the service at the link above.

Christian was very happy with the condition of the movement in particular, commenting that he hasn’t seen many 321 movements in this condition. Every single screw and part of the movement is correct. Many 321’s apparently unfortunately contain numerous non-original parts and screws. No parts were needed except a new mainspring and stem. I opted to have the crown, crystal and pushers replaced (with new original Omega parts) because it could be made „waterproof“ this way. I was particularly happy that there was no pitting under the gasket in the case back and where the crystal seals. Many will know that even with new pushers, crown and crystal many Speedys can’t be made waterproof anymore. The original flat foot crown, crystal and pushers are included in the sale and can be seen in a few pics.

Christian did the most unbelievable job with the re-luming. It is just perfect :). I hope this can be seen in the pics. Even under magnification all plots and the hands are just perfect. Under certain angles there is a slight smudge to be seen around the 2-hour-marker but this is where previous lume was and not where Christian re-lumed. This „smudge“ is seen easier in the pic than in real life. I have highlighted it in a pic with an arrow. The dial is in a very good condition as can be seen in the pics as is the DON bezel.

As stated the case seems to be completely unpolished with some wear and tear from decades on the wrist. The case back is very nicely preserved as well as can be seen in the pics. The bracelet is in an overall good condition with all stretch links working perfectly. I obtained a few NOS extra stretch links and now this watch fits my 210cm wrist, meaning most people will have a few spare links after fitting the watch.

I obtained the correct vintage box, outer box and papers (from 1968) for this watch. What is most interesting is that the guarantee booklet does not have a place where the movement number and watch details could be written down. This means that it doesn’t have the wrong information or a missing page. It is as close to a full set as can be without it being a full set ;) , especially as the Omega extract of the Archives is included, showing delivery to Spain in 1968.

So, most important question of all: What to ask for a watch like this?

Advantages:
    -Beautiful unpolished 145.012
    -All original parts with bracelet included as they left the factory
    -Movement serviced and in fabulous condition (see timegrapher pics)
    -„Waterproof“
    -Almost one-owner
    -Almost Full-set
    -Beautiful re-lumed dial and hands (nothing to become brittle and fall onto the dial)

Disadvantages:
    -Re-lumed hands and dial
    -Under magnification a small smudge can be seen at certain angles around the 2-hour plot (worse in pics than real-life)
    -Not NOS or Collector condition
    -Not a true one-owner or full set

If we look at the trusted Speedmaster 101 site, we see 8000 USD for good condition and 14000 USD for Collector, head only.
    http://speedmaster101.com/price-chart-2/

The original full-length-plus 1039 bracelet with original 516 end-links and the box and papers should add 2000 USD. This brings me to a total of 10000 - 16000 USD. (I still believe the 145.012 is under-valued compared to some other references…….) So how much to add for the unpolished state, the excellent movement, the original parts etc and how much to subtract for the fact that it has been re-lumed?

SOLD 9000-, 8800-,8600 NOW 8500 EURO for the entire package , which is more or less 10250 USD. I believe this to be a very fair price. I am open to offers but first to state that they take it at the full asking price gets the watch. I'm not interested in any trades and won't split anything. The price includes tracked shipping world-wide but I reserve the right not to ship to certain destinations or PO Boxes etc. Payment by wire transfer only. Of course the watch can also be picked up in Belgium. (It’s worth a visit anyway ;-) )

As a private individual I can’t guarantee the watch and won’t take it back unless there is some issue I haven’t described. I’m not taking it back because of buyers remorse. I have sold here (also a nice 145.012) , on the German Uhrforum and of course lots of sales on the Bay, everywhere with 100% positive feedback. Please ask any questions prior to stating that you want to take the watch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

image.png
    Edited Dec 17, 2018
    queriver, WYO_Watch, D.D. and 8 others like this.
  2. maxbelg Dec 10, 2018

Bump and reduction to 8800 EURO!

3. maxbelg Dec 11, 2018

Daily Bump.
    I've had quite a bit of interest but no definitive bites yet.

The way to explain this to your wife/partner (or to yourself) is that it is an investment :D . There is no way that the price of a Speedy with serial number between Collins and Armstrong is going anywhere but up, especially with 2019 being the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing :thumbsup:.

Here's an unpolished "waterproof" Speedy 321 with bracelet, serviced, with every single part correct and in great shape! It's not that far off a one-owner full-set watch too ;) . I've put it on my time-grapher today: No beat error and a single line! On my wrist it is running within COSC parameters.

I wouldn't be surprised if this looks downright cheap in retrospect in a couple of years............

[​IMG]

4. maxbelg Dec 12, 2018

Quite a bit of nibbling but no definitive bite yet........still available! I'm open to realistic offers.

5. maxbelg Dec 13, 2018

Bump with price reduction to EURO 8600 for the entire package!

6. maxbelg Dec 14, 2018

Bump with price reduction to EURO 8500- for a superb condition 145.012-67 with matching 1039/516 full-length-plus bracelet, serviced, with extract and with box and papers!
    Speedmaster 101 has this reference, head only for 8000- good to 14000- USD collector. I'm sure most would agree that this watch, head only, should be somewhere between these values. It is probably unpolished and has a great bezel and dial. Now for about 9600 USD you can get this 145.012 with bracelet, box and papers including shipping. I really believe this is now very fairly priced. Here's another picture of the watch with great DON bezel.
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of an astronaut from the new cathedral of Salamanca where the first owner lived for decades..... Maybe he visited it with his watch on?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Cathedral_of_Salamanca
    [​IMG]

JanP likes this.
  7. Maitreyoda007 Dec 14, 2018

If only I had sold mine...

maxbelg likes this.
  8. maxbelg Dec 15, 2018

Bump.

9. maxbelg Dec 16, 2018

Who doesn't want a nice Christmas Present ? ;)

[​IMG]

10. maxbelg Dec 16, 2018

Now SPF. Thanks Omega Forum!

EDIT: SOLD, thanks!

Edited Dec 17, 2018