REDUCED - Omega Marine Standard - ca. 1939 - T17

Up for sale is my Omega Marine Standard, a piece of Omega history :)
This watch has clearly been worn and appreciated over the decades, and are now looking for its new owner.

Details:
  • Model: Omega Marine Standard
  • Year: ca. 1939
  • Case Number: 9895092
  • Movement number: 9136860
  • Case Material: Stainless Steel
  • Case Dimensions: Approximately 23mm x 38mm (excluding crown)
  • Dial: Original with heavy patina (radium burn), featuring Arabic numerals and blue steel hands.
  • Crystal: Acrylic (likely original, with visible wear)
  • Movement: Manual wind
  • Strap: New leather strap (not original, but suits the watch well)
Condition: This watch is in good vintage condition, but it's clear that it’s been around for over 80 years. The dial has developed a significant patina, which some might find charming and others might see as wear.
The stepped case shows signs of wear consistent with a watch of this era, including scratches and minor dings, but it remains unpolished to preserve its original lines.
The movement is running suprisingly well and keeps time. In any case I would recommend a service if you plan on wearing it regularly, as is typical with vintage pieces.
The acrylic crystal has some scratches, but they don’t significantly detract from the watch's overall appearance.

The watch comes with a new leather strap, which, although not original, is in keeping with the vintage look of the watch.

History: The Omega Marine was one of the first wristwatches designed with water resistance in mind, making this not just a beautiful piece but a significant one in the history of horology. The Marine Standard is a successor to the original Marine, retaining the rectangular case shape that was so iconic in its time.

I bought the watch through auction in a lot with other watches, from the grandchild of the original owner.

Price: 1000EUR - I’m open to reasonable offers.
The price includes shipping worldwide.

Shipping: Standard worldwide shipping included. I’ll ensure it’s well-packaged and shipped with tracking and insurance.

References/Reviews: I have many good references from Norwegian watch forums, as well as a couple on Omegaforums, and intend to continue with that.

Please feel free to ask any questions or request additional photos. I want you to feel confident in what you’re buying, so I’m happy to provide any information you need.

Thanks for looking!

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg
Edited:

Like 9
A very reasonable asking price for one of these. They don't come up often and this one has a lovely original dial.

Like 1
Price bump! The cheapest Omega Marine Standard in the world at the moment - 1000EUR :D