Forums Latest Members

SOLD [900 EUR] Guinand C041-J Chronograph black dial pilot style

1. gwzymytk Jan 29, 2017

So... Another watch of mine is now on the sales forum. I expect more to come, as my next incoming is well outside my normal range :)

Guinand ref. C041-J - automatic rotated 7750-powered chronograph.
    Not powered by a 7753, as one might expect, but a rotated 7750, with the date at 6 o'clock.
    Large size (40mm), military style face with an awesome black dial, aged tritium hands and markers, great looking bezel (fixed).
    This is a now discontinued model and I haven't seen one recently for sale. Inspired by Sinn and 70's Guinand pilot chronographs, this watch was produced somewhere during the 90's, most likely after the Guinand brand and production facilities were purchased/saved by Helmut Sinn.

Case - Plenty of dings and scratches , please click on photos a few times to check all of them out. Approx. 40mm excluding crown and pushers (measured on the edge of the bezel). I've left it uncleaned for photos (taken the day I've acquired the watch) and some scratches are actually trees near my house. Initially took these to help the former owner sell the watch, then decided to purchase it myself. No other scratches were made to the watch after these were taken.

Caseback - See-through caseback, screw down. Shows dings and scratches. Serial is perfectly visible, was blurred for security reasons. Not opened while in my possession.

Bezel - Shows signs of wear and rotates bi-directionally. Fixed it with my watchmaker, as it was stuck in place by the previous owner.

Crown - marked CS, original, screw-in. The "CS" marking comes from ChronoSport and is correct for the brand - it was marketed as both Guinand and ChronoSport at the time and parts were, of course, interchangeable and used on both versions of the dial, depending on stock (refer to Guinand's history after being acquired by Helmut Sinn in the mid 90's).

Crystal - original to my knowledge, slightly domed.

Dial - original in good condition. The script remains intact; tritium hour markers developed uniform specific patina. S small, imperceptible mark within the minute counter (visible under 4x magnification, not likely to be identified during normal wear).

Hands - Luminous material shows the passage of time but is still fully present. Sightly different patina (even burnt, see photos) from dial markers, but same color as lume dot on the bezel.

Movement - Automatic Val. 7750 caliber with nice decorations and signed rotor. Date a six, slightly misaligned to my eyes (or maybe I'm displaying too many signs of OCD). Minute hand also 1 milimeter to the right. All hands reset to 0 after a brief operation (I rarely use the chronograph function of my watches, therefore can't say how it'll work after 10-12 hours of use).
    Tested it on my timegrapher and, for what it's worth (see multiple posts dismissing accuracy claims based on vibrograph measurements - I totally agree with them), it's working within -1 to -7 s/day deviation (tested in 5 positions). Excellent amplitude. Previous owner claimed it was serviced, no paperwork available to attest it.

Waterproof: NOT guaranteed, claimed to be 200 meters due to screw-in caseback and crown.

Strap/buckle: Generic olive colored suede-like strap with generic brushed steel clasp, showing some signs of wear but nicely complimenting the watch in my opinion.

Box/Papers: No, this is how I've got it.

-----------------------------------------

Price: [REDUCED ] EUR 950 net to me. Paypal only available to established members with relevant positive feedback. SWIFT bank transactions or other methods that do not incur taxes on my end are possible, 3% discount.
    Shipping not included, will be either by TNT at EUR 100 worldwide (compulsory for overseas or when normal PayPal is used) or by DPD (EU-only, 30-40 EUR depending on location).
    I am not keen on selling the watch at this point, so not in a hurry to sell.

-----------------------------------------

Item is located in Craiova, Romania, within the EU. All duties or any other additional taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will provide step-by-step pictures/scans of the packaging and shipping process but once the package leaves my hands I have no power over it.
    I am a seller on Ebay under the same username for over 14 years and have 100% positive feedback with over 598 transactions (over 1000 individual transactions!) and many watches shipped to multiple locations (USA, Canada, the UK, the Netherlands etc.). For any other trust-related issues I can provide further credentials or proof of identity.

I also have several references on WUS, both as a seller and as a buyer. I can provide reference for other transactions as well (Omega 2254.50, Heuer Montreal sold to a very reputable dealer etc.). Also sold twice on Breitlingsource and once on UhrForum.de (where I've also purchased some stuff).
    Three successful transactions on OF, one as a buyer and two as a seller (my Longines Chronograph went to Austria, my Blancpain went to France).

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62080/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/gwzymytk-is-a-great-seller.47289/
    gwzymytk great seller
    gwzymytk is the best seller ever (probably)
    gwzymytk - Great buyer
    I bought a Longines Conquest Watch from gwzymytk and am very happy!
    gwzymytk - very positive experience
    gwzymytk good experience. Great seller. To repeat.
    gwzymytk - A very good buyer

I cannot take any returns for this item unless grossly misrepresented by me in the description and/or pictures. Please observe carefully, read the entire description and ask all questions prior to committing. No warranty.

Thank you OF for hosting my ad!
    All proceedings will go towards watches and watch-related stuff ;)

Pictures - please click on them to enlarge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited May 15, 2017
    Kreindog24 and Lonestar like this.
  2. gwzymytk Feb 2, 2017

Considering offers.

3. gwzymytk Feb 5, 2017

EUR 1000 net to me, plus shipping.

4. gwzymytk Feb 8, 2017

Up!

5. gwzymytk Feb 11, 2017

Up!

6. gwzymytk Feb 14, 2017

To the top!

7. gwzymytk Feb 28, 2017

Up ya go!

8. gwzymytk Mar 3, 2017

Started wearing this again, since it's the only military-style watch currently in my collection.

Still available for sale though, if condition changes I will update accordingly.

2017-03-02 16.23.52.jpg

bhove and Lonestar like this.
  9. gwzymytk Mar 7, 2017

Up you go!

10. gwzymytk Mar 11, 2017

Going to wear it again :) Chances of still being on sale next week are diminishing.

Accepting reasonable offers.

11. gwzymytk Mar 14, 2017

Up!

12. gwzymytk Mar 21, 2017

950 EUR net to me

13. gwzymytk Mar 24, 2017

Up it goes!

14. gwzymytk Mar 27, 2017

900 EUR net to me, final price. Happy to keep it otherwise.

15. gwzymytk Mar 31, 2017

Up!

16. gwzymytk Apr 6, 2017

Up!

17. gwzymytk Apr 11, 2017

To ze top!

dstern likes this.
  18. gwzymytk Apr 21, 2017

Up!

19. gwzymytk May 15, 2017

Bezel is now working as intended - rotating both ways, freely. Took some fresh pictures right after it came back from my watchmaker.
    Price remains the same. DSC02845.JPG DSC02846.JPG DSC02844.JPG DSC02851.JPG DSC02852.JPG DSC02849.JPG DSC02848.JPG DSC02847.JPG DSC02850.JPG DSC02891.JPG

R3D9 likes this.