REDUCED —Longines LE – Sector Dial Certified 'CHRONOMETER' Limited Edition of 500

Another round of consolidation for the collection!

Up for grabs is an example of the limited-edition Heritage Sector produced by Longines for Hodinkee. This model was sold during the fall of last year, and this particular example has been collecting dust from then till now. I’ve been deluding myself that I’ll eventually end up wearing it, but the ck859 has won out when it comes to wrist time.

main alt s.JPG

When I purchased this watch, I was diving into the rabbit holes of Calatrava-style early 20th century watches, and early chronometer-certified wristwatches. Given the understanding that chronometer-rated versions of vintage Longines from the early 20th century are exceptionally rare, I was really excited when I heard the announcement that this watch was being released. Even now, I think this may be the only Longines Heritage Model certified by COSC – and it’s a damn nice piece.

Dial: The dial of this piece is quite beautiful. The sector, or 'scientific,' style is known for its use of line weight to differentiate the differing chapter rings efficiently. To your benefit, simplicity doesn’t preclude quality. The majority of the dial is finished with a satin opaline off-white. Meanwhile, the main chapter ring is concentrically brushed with a metallic silvery finish.
main (2).JPG

The dial will seem to change hues, appearing an ecru-beige or pale silver in differing lighting conditions. I've attempted to show what this looks like throughout this post.
light alt.JPG

The subdial has guilloche concentric circles that are characteristic of watches from this period. They are precise and uniform, as one would expect.
subdial.JPG

Surprisingly, the printing on the dial has fine serifs, an element that has sadly been quietly thrown to the side by most watch brands.
serif 1.JPG

The hands are heat-blued, with polished posts/mounting points, which is actually a period-correct style, something I wish that the Omega ck859 had.
frontal 1.JPG

All in all, the dial and hands are probably going to be the main appeal for someone purchasing this watch.

Case: While the dial is beautiful, the case is also quite well-designed. With this watch, you’re getting a ‘jumbo calatrava’ design cut from stainless steel and brushed on all sides. The ‘jumbo calatrava’ case is simple and elegant with characteristic downturned lugs and a dominant central circular section. At a size of 38.5mm, the watch is well-sized for a modern piece, and will probably look quite smart on all but the most slender of wrists.

Crown: The crown is mirror-polished, with the old Longines logo raised. Not much more to talk about, but it’s nice that they went with a signed version rather than a generic design.
crown close.JPG

Crystal: The crystal is a box sapphire crystal, and has multiple layers of anti-reflective coating on the interior side. This means that you can wear this watch on the regular without worrying about needing to replace your sapphire dome because of scratches on the AR coating. With the boxed sapphire profile taking up approximately 2-3mm of the watch’s height, the case appears to be slimmer than dimensions would otherwise suggest.
side profile.JPG

Movement: The L893.4 movement is equipped with a silicon balance spring, and is chronometer-certified by COSC. From the photos I’ve seen online, it seems like a well-finished derivation of the 2892 but sports a free-spring balance with silicon hairspring, and the Swatch group’s Nivashock protection system; essentially the same upgrades introduced to Omega watches in the 8500 series.

As this is a COSC-certified watch, you will also be able to order the original COSC certification sheet if you contact Longines support. The full box set includes a second leather strap with branded buckle, and the strap changing tool. All warranty cards/information and paperwork for the watch will be included.
box complete.JPG

Price: Asking $2700 shipped CONUS, Paypal F&F, Zelle, Venmo, or Bank Wire accepted. Message me for international shipping. Please no returns unless terribly misrepresented.

Don't have any OF references that I'm aware of but I've been around for 5 years now, and am a pretty active member of the community. Been shifting around my collection for a couple of months and haven’t had any complaints thus far.
Edited:

Labor Day Weekend bump – $2900 shipped! Should probably have put this in the OP, but this is an LE of 500. Not a whole lot of pieces out there!

Bump for this brand new, fully-stickered piece! Lowest asking price for a new example.

Some interest, but no bites, so it's back up to the top – And reduced to $2700! Fully stickered, never worn, and barely touched.