Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 10, 2017

This Jaeger is a recent purchase. It has been on my wrist for five days. Only time I removed the watch is when I take a shower. I even sleep wearing this watch. To my eyes the is a very elegant watch that needs some TLC. The dial is funky but the rest of the watch is in very good condition.

Since this dial does not have minute tracks just the jaeger Logo and the inner gold line on every fifteen minutes just inside the indices. This dial would be a great dial to have redone. In the hands of a top shelf dial restorer I would be very happy with the results.

Since I plan keeping this watch I figure no harm no foul. I picked the watch up for a very good price due to the dial. New crown that would be correct a redial new crystal and service this Jaeger would be a stunning watch.

I am on the fence about a redial. I would have to send the dial half way around the world to have the dial refurbished. As of today I am about 80/20 in favor to a redial. As a have a$$ collector I know that is not good but since the watch will be on my wrist I can live with that.
    Any thoughts? I have new crown for the watch little by little I will restore this watch.

003.JPG jlcc.jpg
    Edited Apr 10, 2017
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 10, 2017

Do it.

The rest of the watch deserves it.

If done by JLC or a Master Dial Finisher it will improve the value, not detract from the current state.

wsfarrell likes this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 10, 2017

I have to agree. Ukackfocus has posted work done by JLC. The pics he posted were spectacular. I don't know what the collector view on factory refinishing is but to me it does not fall into the "redial" definition.

4. michael22 Apr 11, 2017

If you are planning on refurbishing the rest of the watch, it doesn't make sense to leave the dial like that. It is not an attractive look.

5. Willem023 Apr 11, 2017

Up to you, of course.
    Personally, I do not like redials at al, even if executed in the highest standards. Must be my OCD-thing to aways want to have it original and all.

To a certain extend btw: my '53 Seamster had to have a new crown (old style) to wear it and be water-resistant enough. My watchmaker retuned the original one ('if it ends up in a museum') :D So, I seem to be not that OCD after all....::screwloose::

In this case, although the case and condition is wonderful, I would have passed because of the dial. My OCD-thing kicking in again.
    But I am very curious as to the end-result. The simplicity of the watch (and the strap! :thumbsup:) are to die for.

Will be fantastic in the end: please don't tell me it's a redial then....:D:D since I know too little on JeagerlC, I will not notice alltogether.

My2Ksh