Forums Latest Members
  1. Wilddyan Jun 28, 2014

Hi guys

Looking at this tri-compax. Haven't seen this one before in terms of lugs, but am more concerned about a redial and repainted moonphase. Love to get some opinions

tri.jpg

2. woodwkr2 Jun 28, 2014

Original dial and original moon phase. Replacement crown.

Pretty rough condition, though. Don't get carried away in your bidding.

3. Wilddyan Jun 28, 2014

Thanks- not enamoured by it anyway. On the hunt for a nice vintage chronograph pushers, if you can think of anything not overly expensive, doesn't have to be Universal although would be good.

4. knozkhi Jul 10, 2014

I have just advertised my Universal Geneve Compax chronograph. Please PM if you're interested. Cheers.

5. rolokr Jul 12, 2014

I got one like it with the Panda dial. This one in the picture looks pretty nice ? Why do you guys think 50-60 years old watches which a lot of them not very water resistent should have mint dials ?. Having mint dials are out there but you will pay a premeium ! I own seven tri-compax all of them original dials. The only ones with mint dials are the ones I purchased over the years with NOS dials from Sitzerland, the rest have natural oxidation (patina) gives character to a vintage watch. I do love NOS, but the majotity of my personal collection are examples in varying degress of
    patina. I l care for them all equaly like children LOL.

tricompax2.jpg
    knozkhi likes this.
  6. Wilddyan Jul 13, 2014

2nd from left and middle watches are Amazing! I now you don't but if the time ever comes you wanna sell either let me know.

cheers