Forums Latest Members
  1. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 17, 2015

This dial looks great except for the fact that the usually 'curled T's' and 'C' don't have enough of the usual 'curl'.

Redial, or acceptable?

s-l1600.jpg

2. Hijak Nov 17, 2015

This looks like one of the newer Heritage models to me.

JohnSteed and dougiedude like this.
  3. khmt2 Nov 17, 2015

Yup, heritage reissue - telltale narrow date window.

JohnSteed and dougiedude like this.
  4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 17, 2015

Oops, yeah, my bad ::shy::, I thought this was the dial from a true vintage I saw earlier...

FWIW, this is the ad on this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27203611258...8&exe=13432&ext=34326&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=extPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

But... since I have the attention of both of you..

Which of your SS Longines beauties are you ready to part with?!?:)

JohnSteed likes this.
  5. Illiknight Nov 18, 2015

Since @dougiedude started this and I was about to do the EXACT same thread for a different Conquest, I'm going to @Hijak this thread (see what I did there ;-)...

What are you're collective thoughts on the attached pic? I suspect re-dial because the script on Conquest just looks too big to me, but I'm no expert, thus why I ask. Also, if legit, thoughts on fair price to pay? The movement looks to be in good shape and there is plenty of brown enamel still around the fish on the case back as can be seen in pics 2 and 3 (these are sellers pics mind you). It's listed at $575 and very close to me here in Queens.
    Thx all!

LonginesConquest.jpg ConquestCaseBack.jpg ConquestMovement.jpg
    dougiedude and JohnSteed like this.
  6. abrod520 Nov 18, 2015

I'm no Longines expert, but I live in Astoria and am super curious as to whether you found this in a brick-and-mortar shop??? Would love to find something like that in Queens :)

JohnSteed likes this.
  7. JohnSteed Nov 18, 2015

Saw that one too. Not sure about the bright white cross hairs and lettering. Thought it should be a bit more faded to be original? I was looking for another to try to confirm but haven't found one so far. I leaned refinished dial but not really certain. So neat, could be legit :thumbsdown:

And given the green has long left the caseback, how come the printing is still crisp. Not a Longines expert so .... Seems to me these variations as to condition could be about right

Not a vacuum, so here's one I just jumped on. Talk about condition! I wanted better pics to first verify but the seller was flexible so I'm giving this one a try

image.jpeg

Illiknight likes this.
  8. JohnSteed Nov 18, 2015

Need @gatorcpa ...... @Hijak and other Longines aficionados to weigh in with more experienced eyes

9. JohnSteed Nov 18, 2015

Ahhhh, brilliant :)

10. Illiknight Nov 18, 2015

No, it was on the 'Bay, seller listed in LIC.

Yeah, that was the other issue in addition to the size was the brightness of the lettering and crosshairs. That's a beaut you seem to have found there and I would say given the size of "Conquest" on it, would confirm what we both thought about the one I put up to ask about as a refinished.

I have an offer out on another Longines, but I'm not overly optimistic as I went a bit lowball...:whistling:

JohnSteed likes this.
  11. JohnSteed Nov 18, 2015

Good luck too

Illiknight likes this.
  12. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 18, 2015

I like your way of @Hijak -ing!

JohnSteed and Illiknight like this.
  13. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 18, 2015

And that dial has definitely got to be a refurb. IMO....Although it 'd be nice if more experienced eyes chime in to confirm. Wrong script, wrong color (methinks!)..[emoji6]

JohnSteed likes this.
  14. Illiknight Nov 18, 2015

Thanks, I have my moments;)
    Yep, I have to agree but I came back to it enough that it was worth bringing up for discussion. ::popcorn::

JohnSteed likes this.
  15. khmt2 Nov 18, 2015

Obvious redial to me from the script and Crosshands.

Nice catch! I didn't go for it as the medallion looked repainted from the seller pics and the asking price was high, hope u managed to bargain him down by quite a bit.

16. Illiknight Nov 18, 2015

Thx for the confirmation!

17. Hijak Nov 18, 2015

Wow, you guys really got some mileage out of that whole Hijak thing.:) I agree a total redial and the medallion is missing all of the, what should be green, enamel.:(

Spencer you are on a tear with two very nice Longines in a very short time...your making @dougiedude , @khmt2 and I look like slackers!;)

18. M.D. Nov 18, 2015

Spencer,
    If you decide you're not interested, let me know. I'll be back in the old neighborhood next week and would consider stepping in. ;)

JohnSteed likes this.
  19. khmt2 Nov 18, 2015

Pics? ::popcorn::

JohnSteed likes this.
  20. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 18, 2015

Horrible redial and the poor fish on the back is gasping because it is out of water (green enamel). Fonts are all wrong also.

Better examples should be available on eBay. This is not a rare watch, even with a black dial.

@JohnSteed picked up a nice original Conquest although I don't know if the bracelet is original.

Good luck with your search.
    gatorcpa

Illiknight and JohnSteed like this.