Forums Latest Members
  1. antparker Jan 31, 2017

Hi Guys,

I have been stalking these forums for sometime now as well as various online shops for vintage watches. The prices seem to vary hugely between some shops for what would be a largely comparable watch.

There are some lovely pieces for sale on this here forum, however watches to my taste appear to come up very rarely (50’s and 60’s Omega, IWC and Longines)

I am keeping an eye on this forum as well as in some stores, but I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations on where I should be looking for well priced good quality watches please?

I am happy to wait to find the right piece, I just want to make sure I am looking in the right places.

I am based in the UK (around 45 mins from London), but am happy to buy online from a trusted seller.

Thanks in advance.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 31, 2017

Patience and perseverance.

We do have a dibs system where you can dibs a watch and go on the list. If I am about to sell a watch I will PM the dibs person,s first before I sell.
    ( just dibs after seeing a watch and you will usually get a noted )
    Also have been second or third dibs and have bought the watch after others did not have funds or were after something else at the time of sale.

Once you get 200 posts or verified by the mods as in the for sale rules STICKIES you can place WTB threads ( no post farming to get to 200 allowed )

Cheers

chronos, antparker and Hattrick like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 31, 2017

I rely on this forum for my collecting.. however HQ Milton, Bobs Watches, Europian Watch Co, Crown and Caliber, Second Time Ticking are all good NA places to look and do a good job of culling out the crap. I buy privately in EU but Cars and Watches seems to do a good job.

Edited Jan 31, 2017
    Hattrick and Jwit like this.
  4. BurntAvocado Jan 31, 2017

Interesting note about the dibs.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 31, 2017

Highly enforced.
    [​IMG]

STANDY, Stewart H, gatorcpa and 3 others like this.
  6. antparker Feb 3, 2017

Thanks for all the help guys, didn't realise that having a 'dibs' on items actually meant something! very interesting to know.

Will also check out some of the sites mentioned above.

Thanks.

I Did recently stumble across 'Chrono 24' seems like its almost like a craigslist or gumtree for watches, but a bit better set out, i guess with that its a case of finding reliable sellers who you trust?.....

Many Thanks