Forums Latest Members

Recommendations on Service and Restoration of '69 Mark II?

1. HogWldFLTR Jul 27, 2014

Has anyone got recommendation on who to send a watch two for bracelet repair, polishing, and servicing of my incoming Mark II?

Here are some photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mojothewolf Jul 27, 2014

I suppose that would depend on where you live ....

3. HogWldFLTR Jul 27, 2014

Frequently mail can mitigate distance issues. I live in MA.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 27, 2014

except on this forum we are talking continents, not states !

I think for you, archer even though in Canada would be best. He has the import manoeuvres down pat.

others might have a stateside recommendation, but I don't .

Best of luck.

5. HogWldFLTR Jul 27, 2014

Thanks, for Rolex bracelet restoration the choice is HK so continents are much of a challenge. I'll look up Archer Watch Restoration. Thanks!

6. HogWldFLTR Jul 27, 2014

Should have read "aren't much of a challenge."

7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jul 28, 2014

There are more than a few photo documented start to finish restoration threads on this board for your specific watch.

Some of the finished watches are remarkable; they look exactly like they did the day they were shipped from the the factory.

You seem pretty computer savvy, no? the search tool is your friend.

good luck!

8. HogWldFLTR Jul 28, 2014

Yes, I used it already; Chuck Maddox had the best example. I was a bit late contacting him. I'll look around a bit more.

9. davidswiss Jul 28, 2014

I can recommend Swiss Time Services in Essex (UK). However, I don't know what the situation is for posting there and back from the US. I know they've had customers from Canada in the past.

10. HogWldFLTR Jul 28, 2014

davidswiss, thanks for recommendation. I wish I knew who Chuck used. His looks great starting from much worse shape than mine.

11. davidswiss Jul 29, 2014

Hog, I have a recollection that he wrote about receiving a watch back from STS and praising the work done. Problem is he wrote so many articles and I have no link to the one I'm thinking about. I'm sure he used a watchmaker in the US as well but no name that I recall.

12. photo500 Jul 29, 2014

I can restore the case back to the factory finish, although the dent on the left side chamfer of the case looks quite deep and may not fully come out. ;)

13. HogWldFLTR Jul 30, 2014

Well, at this point I'm looking at using a repair guy in HK who also restores bracelets for Rolexes and other watches. The shop is run by Michael Young. His prices are reasonable; the only caveat is dealing with shipping. I have a DateJust bracelet that needs restoration as well.

http://www.classicwatchrepair.com/page5.html

14. HogWldFLTR Jul 30, 2014

Regarding the "dent," not a dent but a scratch accented by the camera light and not particularly deep. Thanks for the finish repair offer.