Forums Latest Members

Recommendations needed for Speedy 145.012 crystal replacement/service

1. JB in Shaker Sep 26, 2017

Any recommendations for Watch service folks who use signed Omega crystals for a pre-moon 145.012?

Am located in Cleveland, but am willing to send anywhere in the US to someone reliable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JB in Shaker

2. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Sep 26, 2017

Psst... JB! Just a polite suggestion mate??? You may be better off telling them a bit about your interest in watches and about the watch in question. Ya know??? Set up an avatar... Make it look like you may stick around for more than half an hour???;)
    They are a lovely bunch of helpful chaps on here and somebody will have the answer to your question. However, they tend to get a pissed off with that kind of 3 line introduction. :)

3. JB in Shaker Sep 26, 2017

Appreciate the advice!

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  4. JB in Shaker Sep 26, 2017

Let's start over....

I picked up my 145.012 about 3 years ago, and have truly enjoyed wearing it, though usually it's just around town.

Last month, I was traveling to Orlando for a conference, and had the time to go the Kennedy Space Center directly from the airport, so of course I wore my Speedy on the plane.

Bad move!

In the course of my travels I succeeded in cracking the beautiful, original, Hesalite crystal where it meets the bezel. I was really bummed when I realized what had happened, and while I did get some photos of the watch in front of the Flight Control Station from Apollo 11, I'm pissed at myself for treating just like an ordinary watch.

So, I'm on a quest to find a reliable repair shop who will use a signed Hesalite crystal as the replacement - just love the Omega sign in the middle of it.

Would very much appreciate any suggestions.....

Thanks in adavnce for your help!

JB in Shaker

5. tritto Sep 26, 2017

G'day JB. You can actually purchase your very own genuine Omega signed crystal from www.cousinsuk.com. You'll need to set up an account to see branded parts, but that's fairly painless.
    Source your own crystal and you can take the watch to anyone you're comfortable with.
    Cheers,
    Tristan

nonuffinkbloke likes this.