Forums Latest Members

Recommendations for vintage watch shopping in Luxembourg and London?

1. alfanator Oct 24, 2016

Visiting these two cities this week. What are some good places to check out vintage pieces?

thx!

2. philh Oct 24, 2016

Burlington Arcade in londons Mayfair has several pricey shops but a good experience in a nice part of town.You can just put watche Burlington arcade into a search engine and get into the web sites easy enough
    If you are driving in Luxembourg you are in for an experience but I didn't find any watch shops

tapaptpat likes this.
  3. tapaptpat Oct 25, 2016

What @philh said with a twist. Do a figure of lap with Burlington and Old Bond St. You'll get a lot of boutiques too.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

4. Donn Chambers Oct 26, 2016

In London, go to Portobello Market. Lots of stalls with vintage watches. They aren't cheap because they know what they're worth, but you can see lots of nice examples -- plus there are lots of other cool vintage stuff, from clothes to LPs. One of my favorite things to do on a weekend.

tapaptpat likes this.
  5. Omega1 Oct 26, 2016

Austinkaye vintage watches on the strand in London great selection of omega's but not cheap.. window shopping doesn't cost anything..... it's a 5 minute walk from Covent Garden....

tapaptpat likes this.
  6. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Oct 26, 2016

Beware of Portobello - there's lots of dodgy stuff sold there and comebackability is limited! Austin Kaye has gradually become relatively expensive over the last few years. However, it is long-established and trustworthy, and you can browse a good website with your rational head on before risking the shop visit, a situation in which heart can rule head! Whilst it's a pleasant experience to look at watches in Central London, the Dealers there have high premises overheads and that's reflected in prices asked: you'll usually find that you can see more reasonable pricing of stock on-line.

tapaptpat likes this.
  7. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Oct 26, 2016

The royal exchange with the 2nd hand shop (timepieces.com?).

Highly priced as all things there (London), but a very high density of good used and vintage watches... OB there as well a a bonus.

tapaptpat likes this.
  8. ulackfocus Oct 26, 2016

Thank you.

9. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Oct 27, 2016

;) ... Cha-chiiiiing !!! :whistling:

10. alfanator Oct 27, 2016

Wrapping up at the office, I shall be making the trek tomorrow!

11. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Oct 27, 2016

Burlington Arcade pricey? That's being kind. Try exorbitant! I was there last month. Perhaps the £34,500 Speedie 2998-6 is still available.