Forums Latest Members
  1. EricJ May 16, 2018

i am looking for a good watchmaker in Detroit area.

Any recommendations?

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 16, 2018

3. infantej May 16, 2018

4. EricJ May 16, 2018

Thanks for the help.

I got a few places to try!

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 16, 2018

Not sure you read that thread very well if that's the conclusion you came to.

Personally in the Detroit area, JD's Watch Repair is who I would choose - Jamie is a trusted watchmaker.

Larry S likes this.
  6. Molko May 16, 2018

Unfortunately, JD’s Watch Repair closed up in February. All my searches for a Michigan watchmaker brought up Jamie, he seems like he was quite a great watchmaker. I sent mine to TM Watch because it was impossible to find a watchmaker in my Mid-Michigan area. I’m very pleased with the results. OP, it looks like you have a few good options in your area. Good luck choosing! :)

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 16, 2018

Okay thanks for letting me know - I hadn't emailed with him for a while, so I wasn't aware that he recently closed up shop.

I know things weren't good after he lost his Rolex account - Rolex is just brutal in the way they do business. He had said he had parts for a while but that he may end up taking a service center job or with another company at some point.

Another great independent watchmaker goes down thanks to brand parts policies. :thumbsdown:::censored::

8. Fickelson Jan 21, 2020

It turns out that JD does mail order work now, I'm sending a watch to him in Dayton, Ohio later this week. Bummer that he closed up his shop in Michigan though.

Archer likes this.
  9. SonnyUte Mar 26, 2020

I live in the Dayton, Ohio area. I have recently acquired a couple vintage Omegas that require service. Can’t anyone tell me how to get in touch with JD?

10. Molko Mar 26, 2020

At the time I made that post he didn’t have anything on his Facebook stating that he accepted mailed in watches, but he does now! He actually has one of my watches currently.

I initially Facebook messaged him and he said the best way to get ahold of him was via email, [email protected] :)

11. SonnyUte Mar 26, 2020

Thanks! I will get in contact with him.