Forums Latest Members

Recommend a Lady's Watch Under $200

1. ilayd Jun 3, 2019

Hi all,

My girlfriend is looking to replace her Apple watch with a standard wristwatch and I was wondering if you all could make some potential recommendations. I have done some cursory research thus far and it appears that Timex might be her best choice in this price range. The two that I found are either the Fairfield 37mm or the Waterbury Classic 36mm. However, I wanted to see if there are potentially any micro brands that I may have overlooked that could hit the specs she is looking for.

Some of the guidelines that she wants to hit on:

- Dial Size: 36mm-38mm
    - Dial Shape: Round
    - Dial Features: Hour, Minute, and Second hands... could be open to a date but would prefer a clean dial
    - Dial Color: Light color that matches the case
    - Case Material: Preferably stainless steel, but cheaper variants permissible
    - Case Color: Preferred to be rose gold or gold color (I am aware that it will not be actual precious metals), with stainless steel ok as well
    - Movement: any is ok, but I would imagine at this price point it will be quartz
    - Band: either matching metal or leather band will be ok. If metal, would have to be more feminine styling

She is willing to spend up to $250 if the extra $50 will we an improvement over something in her original price point. Another note, is that she would prefer a new watch as she doesnt want the hassle of having to service/repair something used, at this time.

Other brands that I've looked at was MVMT but read some bad reviews about QC issues. Have looked at Seiko as well, but they seem to be out of the price range.

Any and all recommendations are welcome. Also, anyone's feedback with the cheaper Timex is also appreciated.

2. Canuck Jun 3, 2019

I’m not going to be of much help. There should be lots of choice based on the parameters you have outlined. How much choice based on these parameters that there will the be at $200 range (more, or less), is going to be the sticking point. She may have to lower her expectations, or be prepared to up the budget. Not a lot of high quality choice at that price.

3. rcs914 Jun 3, 2019

4. ilayd Jun 3, 2019

$200 is the sticking point for her, but that also comes with an understanding that she is getting a watch that matches the quality of that price point, nobody is expecting a top of the line watch for $200. Ultimately, she only needs it to work as a daily that she can wear all the time and not have to worry about it if its damaged, lost, or stolen.

That being said, I am sure there are a ton of watches in this price point that are complete garbage and a few that actually give you the value you pay for (even if its only $200). I was trying to see if others on the forum have had any experience at that price point and have found something that may fit the bill.

5. 321Only Jun 3, 2019

There should be lots of choices in the vintage market of Tissot, Junghans or even Longines. Just go for a hunt on eBay ;)

6. ilayd Jun 3, 2019