Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Aug 29, 2014

In my OCD nature, comparing various case styles of 50's and 60's Constellations, I noticed that there were two different styles of bezel on the 168.004's. One of my favourite constellation refs as it's a larger case, and really exposes the beauty of the dial.

I wasn't entirely sure about this watch below, and thought the bezel could had been replaced, or perhaps it marked the different in movement caliber?:

[​IMG]

As you can see it's got a prominent shape and I wondered if it was genuine as I've not seen many like this before, the only other was when I did a search using this reference, and just the one came up!

The typical case for this reference would be the flat bezel style like this.

[​IMG]

As you can see by this one the edges have never been polished, and there is a mini bezel (most of these are polished out..) which gives the case and dial a deeper more 3D look IMO, yet, still not as prominent as the first one.

I will see if the serial number bares any relationship to the case, but still find it fascinating that two of the same case references can be so different.. Maybe different case makers?

Anyway, just a thought, and thought I'd share! :)

Has anyone else seen this?

2. Pahawi Aug 29, 2014

Interesting observation. Both my 168.004's is like on the second picture, though. :)

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. Dablitzer Aug 29, 2014

Interesting, I think they are both equally nice, but the 1st bezel does make it look even bigger!! :whistling: Just to add the first pic was pre-service so it looked fresh out of the barn....:p

JohnSteed and Pahawi like this.