Forums Latest Members
  1. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 3, 2016

Images are from the listing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WATCH-OMEGA-SEAMASTER-CAL-752-REF-166-064-TWO-TONE-CASE-/122063013951Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Photos make the watch look slightly dull; the caseback looks alright with some minor scratches. Case appears to be slightly polished. Movement looks slightly dirty, so will be taking the watch for a service. For the condition it's in, was the price I got it for alright?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pascs Aug 3, 2016

Its a mixed bag. Case should be all gold colour and not the stainless steel but surprisingly the combination looks to work visually.

Case looks to be very polished. Crown is a bit weird. Rotor has been rubbing on the bridge.

But the plus points are the dial and hands which look to be in good condition. A new crystal will come with the white chapter ring so that is easily replaced.

I have the 166.065 which is the 565 version of this. The movement has a bit of an odd way of mounting inside the case, there are rubber pieces which fit between the movement holder and the case to basically centralise it - seems to work though. Also the case back should have a wavy spring in it to push down on the movement holder.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  3. Interstellar Aug 3, 2016

The polished case and crown would bother me though but if you can live with it then for that price, i think it's ok. i do love these cushion shaped Seamaster-s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ConElPueblo Aug 3, 2016

Someone has polished away all the gold plating on it, rendering it, IMO, nearly worthless, Even if you had the plating reapplied, the misshaped case would still look wrong for the reference. In my opinion, the $217 paid are far too much.

5. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 3, 2016

Thanks for the opinions and information guys! This will be a daily beater (or close to it,) so the case will probably stay that way unless someone wants to take it off my hands and requests replating...

Edited Aug 3, 2016
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 3, 2016

7. GuiltyBoomerang Aug 3, 2016