Forums Latest Members

Recently Purchased My First Omega - A Vintage Seamaster

1. Imperator Mar 2, 2013

Hello, this is my first post here. I have recently purchased my first Omega - a vintage gold capped Seamaster. It is in really nice condition, and it was bought from a house clearance here in the UK after the previous owner had died (morbid, I know!). Apparently, he had owned it from new. I've given the case a bit of a clean up with a polishing cloth and fitted a quality aftermarket strap, and I think she looks quite pretty. I hope you agree!

I would like to know a little more about the watch, but I haven't opened it up. I may take it to a local watchmaker soon to have a look, as I don't know if it needs servicing. The watch is keeping excellent time though, to within a couple of seconds a day. I assume these movements aren't supposed to be able to hack (as mine can't anyway!). It seems to have a slightly different style of hour batons at the quarters than the average Seamaster.

Anyway, thanks (in advance) for your help and expertise.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2013

If it makes you feel better, probably 90%+ of the watches on the vintage forum here have dead owners, especially dress watches from the 50s/60s. ;)

The one in my avatar was too expensive for most blokes under 50 years old to own in 1954 when it was sold, and that was nearly 60 years ago lol

Imperator likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 2, 2013

Any opportunity to remind people of your avatar photo! Sheesh!

dsio likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2013

Yearp!