Forums Latest Members

Recently got into omega watches and am wondering if my first one is a fake? Thank you

1. Milesklotz Dec 7, 2017

I'm still learning about tell tale signs that a watch is fake, especially omegas. If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed.jpg
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 7, 2017

Google the model # on the inside of the caseback and start reading :)

Looks like a real one to me. But in need of a movement cleaning. Lume on dial plots looks like it has been affected by moisture.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. OddSpeedy Dec 7, 2017

https://omegaforums.net/search/7835644/?q=366.0833&o=date

I believe there should be a day function under that dial, probably even still there.
    Dial appears to be from something like this ---> https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-geneve-166-0118-auto-stainless-with-beads-of-rice.54316/

Not really fake as everything looks legit Omega, but I don't think it's correct (wrong dial).

***Disclaimer: I'm no expert, I don't yet have the eyes like some of the veteran members here do.

Search before buy.

TNTwatch likes this.
  4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 7, 2017

Did you buy this watch already? It is in rough condition. I would hesitate if I were you.

Edited Dec 8, 2017
  5. Milesklotz Dec 7, 2017

I did yeah. I paid $325 for it. what do you think it's worth? I'm not that well versed on how things should look and what takes away value

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 7, 2017

Research first.

7. Speedy_Gonzales Dec 7, 2017

It is worth $325 in newbie tax. It is always important to do your research, and at least they didn't take you for more. These watches were never super valuable to begin with, but if you like it you like it. Enjoy.

8. TNTwatch Dec 9, 2017

The movement seems to say 1012 so the dial is correct for that movement. The whole watch now just has an incorrect case back instead of the correct 166.0173. Still a poor condition franken though.

OddSpeedy likes this.
  9. OddSpeedy Dec 9, 2017

Holy crap!... good eye, that's some seriously tiny print! Same movement, just without the days... last time I ever trust a caseback. And @TNTwatch ... nice display of your veteran watch sleuthing abilities :thumbsup:

Edited Dec 9, 2017