Forums Latest Members

Recent Scamming/Phishing Attempts. Don't be a Victim!

1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 4, 2014

There's been recent attempts to compromise account details of our members. Please remember to never enter your Omega Forums username and password on any other website, and never enter it anywhere except for "omegaforums.net", accessed directly by your browser address bar (always type it yourself, or use your own bookmarks). Never copy-paste links or type website addresses provided by people you don't know and trust.

The scammers have been contacting members here directly via private messages. This is a copy of one recent message he was sending out:
    I know this might seem like obvious advice to some of you, but it's still catching others off guard. We'll continue removing these accounts and keep this thread updated.

Cheers

Trev

KynaSD, Alex87, Petervl and 26 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for the heads up and fast action to boot these scumbags outa here.

And for the reminder to keep account security top of mind, here and elsewhere.

wareagle35 and tjfoley like this.
  3. M.D. Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for the heads up Trev. Never ceases to amaze me the lengths people go to in order to scam someone.

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 4, 2014

Yep, in this case they're trying to acquire legitimate ΩF accounts to use for larger scams.

tjfoley likes this.
  5. timeismoney Nov 4, 2014

Thank you, Mods!

6. ulackfocus Nov 4, 2014

[​IMG]

7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Nov 4, 2014

"Repoman" and I have been having fun jerking around this shameless scam artist the last few days. What a total piece of sh*t this clown is.

He pretends he's like a cowboy from Wyoming. When I called him out for writing English like it's his third language, he proceeded to change his fairytale to something about being from Singapore and being married to a girl who works for Wells Fargo Bank in Rock Springs, WY.

It's funny to me because he uses a lot of slang and idiomatic expressions but he's not able to keep verb tenses. I've asked him for references and it's so obvious that it's all the same person.

I guess when you're dealing with large sums of cash, you don't need to have a high batting average to be successful.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  8. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Nov 5, 2014

imageWIS and cfw like this.
  9. bill5959 Nov 5, 2014

Made my day THAnks YOu?

10. M.D. Nov 5, 2014

Keep us posted Rich! ::popcorn::

11. George.A Nov 5, 2014

Great job Rich! ::popcorn::

12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 5, 2014

Darlinboy likes this.
  13. panchoskywalker Aug 14, 2015

Thanks for taking care of the forum members.

14. wx_073 Feb 24, 2016

Thanks for sharing that sort of information.

15. destroid Feb 29, 2016

I hope I'm wrong but ... meganfox17 and possibly Miss_Bourginskay have got to be the most sophisticated catfishing scam of a forum in a long time:
    Recently joined
    Huge post count
    Cross likes
    Sale offers outside FS forum
    "interesting" use of language

Entertaining but be careful sending your info/money to strangers on the internet.

Now you kids get off my lawn :)

meganfox17 likes this.
  16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 29, 2016

Two hot ladies from Malaysia want to butter you up and you're suspicious. :rolleyes: . No t-shirt for you.

PolishOmega, watch3s, OMGRLX and 5 others like this.
  17. destroid Feb 29, 2016

Does the butter cost extra? Where's my credit card number...

arkstfan and Hijak like this.
  18. meganfox17 Feb 29, 2016

Sorry destroid

Or whatever you silly name is !

That's not my Style selling stuff i'm Pure Style , PureClass & Pure Talent ! I have a Gift something...which you dont have ....... of making people laugh ...forget their worries & remind every of them how special they are just like Ellen DeGeneres on TV
    Just ask @Riviera Paradise @texan tom @ gavlin @ longbow @ murphy who i really am. They will tell You.
    I joke a lot on the forum. Just see my posts if you're not too ignorant. That was suppose to be a Joke but then again i question your sense of humour & state of Mind. Apparently we are not on the same playing turf. On the contrary please ask @ulackfocus & @canberra_omega what i told them today. I actually wanted to print a Beautiful Speedy Black Tee & send it to anyone anywhere in the world free of charge ! Just give me any Address .It's a token of my gratitude & appreciation to them for even mentioning my name in the forum.!!!
    I dont want to sell anything to anyone because i was born with a silver spoon in my mouth but i choose to be humble & earn a living with decent hard work. I wont tell you what's my occupation but just that i do lots of Charity work & feed the homeless & ophans...just Like Patch Adams...if you know who he really was anyway......

You are not even in my league Sir . ..........I'm a Kind Hearted spirited woman full of love for other people & strangers. I do lots of clowning monkeying around , my mind is full of creative thoughts on how to make the Omega forum Great & sometime i make a complete Fool out of myself but that's ok . I can live with that ! I cheer them Up when they down. Ask @Gavlin

I refuse to be intimidated by your male chauvinistic behaviour. Who are You Anyway....?
    I bow to No One except God ,My Late departed beloved Mother & my Dad...
    How many languages can You Speak Sir.... ?
    See.... ? You are not my Equal
    So little man... ...
    Stay out of My Way.......Got It ?

Gavlin likes this.
  19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 29, 2016

Threats on the Forum will not be tolerated.
    Members are advised again to be very cautious giving out their name and address.

Kay995, Explorador, Tlo and 1 other person like this.
  20. Hijak Feb 29, 2016

Talk about over reaction!:eek: