Forums Latest Members
  1. colnajoe Aug 23, 2013

Ok, I bought my used SMPO chrono a few weeks ago and I love it. Based on the quality of my 2250, I buy it, then read the reviews... must admit, heart sank a bit... I also noticed that most of the 3313 bashing occured from '05 to '07. Mine was made in '09 so I'm hoping I have a 3313c in there, I sent an email to Mother Omega to verify my movement. It was serviced in Switzerland in July through tornneau, whom I called. They said since the 3313 was an in-house movement, they sent it to Omega because it was running slow, and a complete service was done 760.00 bucks. (I know its not in-house, but thats what I was told) I have read everything thats out there on a number of forums. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance. Did Omega fix the problems, or did they put lipstick on it and throw it back out there? Have they learned how to lube them right now? I'm afraid to use the chrono pushers now :( Was that the only problem there was?

2. ulackfocus Aug 23, 2013

There were instructions that when one came in for service, certain parts were replaced whether needed or not to beef up the problem areas.

Hamed_1989 likes this.
  3. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 23, 2013

You will be fine. All problems were eventually corrected after the first couple years of issues by service.

Hamed_1989 likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2013

If I recall all of the upgrades were in place by 2008, so yours should have had them if the watch was new after that, or if it was serviced after that time.

When I service these (3301, 3303, or 3313) I always let my client know that there will be potential parts that require upgrading. Also for service, you don't need to go back to Omega, but you do need someone who is familiar with that specific chronograph movement. Oh and of course has had co-axial training if it's the 3313.

Cheers, Al

Hamed_1989 likes this.
  5. Hamed_1989 Aug 23, 2013

Hi everyone
    About 2 moths ago I bought this model, 231.10.44.50.06.001 .
    I don't know the production date of this model.
    So now how should I know if I don't have this problem with my watch because it has a 3313 movment?

Thanks

6. colnajoe Aug 23, 2013

Thank you Al. From all of the info I have read on this movement, I have learned the most from reading your posts. I enjoyed reading about your co-axial training and zooming in on the pics to see the detail. Thank you for responding to my concerns... oh, when I need service, shes coming to you! I can feel your passion coming through..

surftime and blubarb like this.
  7. 3313fan Mar 8, 2015

Hi everyone, - firstly - I'm no expert in watches - just joe public with an appreciation of fine watches. I bought my Omega Deville Co-Axial Chronograph with 3313 movement in 2003. I suppose I would have been amongst the first crop of people to buy this watch. I chose the silver dial, stainless steel on stainless steel strap. Yes, I had problems with this movement ranging from the chronograph not re-setting to zero to the hands falling off (yes that really happened) - and I was pretty disappointed that Omega could have released this watch without sufficient testing to iron out the weaknesses. Omega did the repairs under the warranty, of course. I had to take the watch back (1) soon after buying it - but at that time Omega did not seem to know too much about the problem. Then I took it back again in 2008 (2) as the chronograph was not re-setting to zero - but although out of the original warranty, they recognised the issue originated with them so also repaired the watch for free (though I had to write to them to get them to agree to this). Now, seven years on, the watch has gone back for its first proper (paid for) service.

Since the 2008 repairs, the watch has worked beautifully, including using the chronograph function relentlessly, it looks beautiful and, IMHO, looks much better than the current crop of Deville Chronograph designs. The 2003 version has a beautifully sculpted case with nice details that you just don't see in other watches. The bracelet is special too, nothing else like it anywhere and it stands out amongst the crowd. I get a lot of pleasure out of wearing this watch and although Omega has now produced a fully in-house version of the movement (I think the 3313 was based on a F.Piguet movement?), the 2003 offering will always be in the history books as the first chronograph to have Dr. Daniel's co-axial escapement. Now that this watch has been discontinued, I have noticed it is holding its value in the resale market too and I do not see too many of these for sale - so perhaps it is becoming sought after by collectors (speculation on my part, others may disagree).

I'll be getting the watch back from service shortly, and anticipate many more years of enjoying this watch- I'm certainly not looking to sell. If you are buying this watch for the first time, just check that it has been serviced since c.2008 so that you know you're not picking up the early version of the 3313 movement.

surftime, Finerdec and Mothra like this.