Forums Latest Members

Recent purchase 2598.80, Lume Question.

1. bradmac1 May 23, 2019

Hi, I am new to Omega and new to forum. Just picked up a Seamaster Chronograph. Really like the watch. Very sporty. Good size and heft. Workmanship and quality are impressive, but I’m disappointed with the lume. It only glows brightly for a few minutes. Was I wrong to be expecting more? My other watch is a 5512 Sub. The trinium has long lost it’s glow. I like lume, and would like to have a bright watch but wouldn’t touch dial on that watch. But would it be a mistake to re-lume this one. FE4BF7DE-890C-4C61-B0AB-0F3D21379828.jpeg

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 23, 2019

Isn’t that a tritium watch?

Otherwise early luminova not as good as current.

Walrus likes this.
  3. bradmac1 May 23, 2019

I'm not certain. Would like to know if any members know.specs on that model. thought it was luminova.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 23, 2019

Early version would have had tritium, and later would have luminova.

I can't say from the photos what version the one you have is...

Mouse_at_Large and Foo2rama like this.
  5. bradmac1 May 23, 2019

6. bradmac1 May 23, 2019

Thank you for info. I bought it somewhat on impulse because I really liked the look and chronograph function. Don't really know if is potentially a collector type that I should leave dial alone or more common where touching dial isn't a big deal.

7. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction May 23, 2019

It's difficult to see from the photos, but the lume does not seem to have gone "fried egg" like on many tritium Seamasters. Also the red on the hands does not seem to have faded to pink/white as is sometimes seen. If I had to guess (and unless it has been kept in a drawer), I say it wasn't from the earliest run of these. If it really bothers you, reluming might work, but that would require finding a skilled relumer. However, the other option (if they are still available) might be to swap the dial for a service replacement with working lume. What it may cost you in parts, you might save in watchmaker's time.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 23, 2019

Dial and hands are readily available from Omega, but aren't cheap...