Forums Latest Members

Recent Graduates Report Here

1. Euxinus Jun 21, 2017

Hello OF,

I am recent grad, I just completed my Bachelor of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering at the University of Ottawa. I figure there must be other recent graduates on the forum, not only I. This is a thread where recent grads should post a picture or two of themselves at convocation. Also, if any watch was gifted or purchased as a gift to yourself this would be a good addition to the convocation pictures.

Here I go,

The first shot is me right after receiving my diploma. Here is my signature smile showing off all my pearly whites. On my right hand you can spot my iron ring which is given to all Canadian trained engineers.

RRR.jpg

Second is a picture which shamelessly shows off one of my favorites in the collection, my pie pan connie!

Watch shot.JPG

Lastly, I decided to gift myself my first ever speedy, I decided on a modern one, ref 311.30.42.30.01.005

grad gift.jpg
    Photo credit goes to Omega for the speedy, I need to wait another week before I get mine in my hands and onto my wrist.

2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jun 21, 2017

Can I join the thread if I graduated a year ago? Class of 2016 from one of the many SUNY school.

Unfortunately my BS ended up being in BS. And no watches as gifts.

However I did get my grandfather's anchor necklace(pictured below... Omega was his, now my dads but really mine, Bulova pictured with anchor is not a family heirloom) and I'm the asshole wearing sunglasses inside (forgive me)

IMG_2551.JPG 8398F36A-FA66-4868-89AF-30F58EFF81F7.jpg IMG_2008.JPG
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 21, 2017

Love the tie! :thumbsup:

4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jun 22, 2017

Not a recent graduate, almost 6 years, but I didn't get a hat (we don't have those traditions in Denmark I believe) and any photo of me would feature me completely wasted or about to become it. On my wrist would be a Seiko in titanium (before my interest of watches), which my girlfriend (now wife) bought for me for a birthday. I still have it but haven't worn it since I got bitten. Pretty decent watch though. Considering strapping it on again

IMG_2938.JPG

5. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 22, 2017

Congrats to @Euxinus , @Jwit , @Togri v. 2.0 !

And @Euxinus -- wearing a vintage Constellation to graduation -- wow! That's super classy. I shudder to think what watch I wore at my graduation; my best guess would be a plastic Casio LCD. Be sure to post pics of your Speedy when it arrives.

ahartfie, Euxinus and Jwit like this.