Forums Latest Members

Received Wrong Certificate of Authenticity

1. benjamindunn925 May 19, 2019

Tl;DR- Bought a CK2998 ref. 311.32.40.30.02.001 off of Chrono24, received certificate of authenticity for #1064 when I should have received #2174. Taking a shot and seeing if anyone out on the forums might have #2174 and would be willing to exchange.

For some backstory:

Took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought my first Swiss watch- of course it had to be Omega. I bought a ref 311.32.40.30.02.001 from IcĂ´ne Watches on Chrono24, which had good reviews on Chrono24 as well on some external forums. The staff seemed friendly and knowledgable, so I had no reason to suspect anything would go wrong with the purchase. We negotiated a very good price for the watch, given that it was listed with "Original Box, Original Papers," and a few weeks later, I get the package delivered to my work.

When I opened the box, I was greeted with a Dark Side of the Moon box that had the correct watch, pictograms, and warranty cards. I was pretty sketched out by that, and took the watch to my local Omega AD in San Francisco, who was able to verify that all the serial numbers for the watch and pictograms matched up. At this moment, I had the watch I wanted, the proper cards, but the wrong box and no certificate of authenticity.

I immediately contacted the dealer, who promised to send over the correct box and certificate of authenticity. They let me know they were able to order the original CK2998 box along with the pictogram sleeves, but could not find the original certificate of authenticity. By this point, I'm pretty fed up, so I tell them to send it over- I love the watch so much that I figure I'll deal with the incorrect COA later.

I haven't returned the watch since I never plan on selling it so the COA is honestly more of a nice to have for me rather than a must have. The discount I received on the watch outweighs my desire for the proper COA.

So at this point, I have the wrong COA, and an extra Dark Side of the Moon box. If anyone happens to have the COA for #2174, or wants to buy a Dark Side of the Moon box, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Ben

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]