Forums Latest Members

Received my first Omega, 3573.50

1. kkibrisli Feb 10, 2015

I received my first Omega, a 2011 3573.50, a few days ago. This has been my dream watch for many years. I had not liked the white hands when I first saw one at a local AD, but after wearing it for a few days I really like it.

One small issue I am having with it though is that it's not easy to wind the watch. The crown is stiff and the whole winding process is tiresome. The crown also slightly springs back (turns in the opposite direction) after I release it. Is this normal?

IMG_20150210_153241.jpg

TLIGuy likes this.
  2. pascs Feb 10, 2015

A great watch, congratulations.

The winding stiffness is quite watch dependent and must be related to the thickness / newness of the seal inside the crown and tube. Some of mine are a bit stiff and spring back while others are less so.

Probably a little bit of silicon grease on the tube for the crown would ease it up

3. Maximus84 Feb 10, 2015

Congrats on the new purchase - I too have a sapphire sandwich Pro. I've had it about 7 weeks now, worn every day. The winding does get easier as it wears in a bit, and the 'rocking back' also diminishes slightly.

Nothing to worry about!

4. kkibrisli Feb 10, 2015

pascs, thank you for the advice. If it doesn't get better in time I will get some silicone grease.

Maximus84, It's comforting to know that this is normal and will go away. Congrats to you as well.

I already feel bad for my other watch which is not getting much wrist time since I got my Omega.

5. TheCaptainOfTech Feb 10, 2015

Great Watch! One of my all time favorites can't go wrong with a speedy!

6. kkibrisli Feb 10, 2015

I totally agree.

I have another minor issue. The clasp is loose and it easily opens with the slightest touch. Is possible to tighten the clasp spring inside or would it crack if I attempt to tighten it. It appears that it is a 085ST0056.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 10, 2015

If you are opening up the clasp, you might as well just put a new spring in...your part number is correct for the 1998 bracelet.

Cheers, Al

8. kkibrisli Feb 11, 2015

Thanks Al. It's just that I won't be back home for another two months and I am unable to find it where I am now.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 11, 2015

I would just clean it well and see if that helps - if the clasp mechanism is dirty it will keep the lock from working properly, so it might just need a good clean to start with.

Cheers, Al

10. kkibrisli Feb 11, 2015

Thanks again Al. Slightly improved. It does not open on its own under pressure any more, but it will need a new spring for sure. I'll order one.

EDIT: Where can I get this clasp spring (085ST0056)? One place I found has expensive shipping charges.

Edited Feb 11, 2015
  11. yinzerniner Feb 27, 2015

Honestly, try the 'bay or even contacting some other watchmakers.
    But when it comes to clasp springs I've found that as long as you're somewhat handy and VERY careful you can remove it and stretch it back outwards. I did it for my 2254 and my 3572 without any lasting effects. Also, I tend to only wear bracelets during warm weather, so if you only wear the bracelet and don't feel like disassembling and jerry rigging a fix all the time an investment in the spring might be wise.
    Best of luck.