Forums Latest Members

Reasonably Priced Accommodation in London

1. ConElPueblo Oct 12, 2017

GF and I are planning a brief late Fall getaway to the former Viking colony, London. Not much raiding and pillaging planned, but perhaps taking some advantage of the currencies to conduct some Christmas shopping :)

Any ideas for hotels? We're looking for something modest, really just a decent room with own bathroom, preferably not too far away from central London. Have had some good suggestions from @tapaptpat already, here's hoping that others with knowledge of the area will chime in :thumbsup:

2. kreyke Oct 12, 2017

I used citizenM in Rotterdam. They have 3 locations in London which has the same concept.

Control the room with an iPad. If you’re ok with technology, it’s a comfortable and functional room with Netflix. If you’re looking for luxury, I have no recommendations as I’m still finding ways to feed myself.

Spacefruit, Timmert and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. gostang9 Oct 12, 2017

Super! London Ontario Canada is only 2 hours from my house (even closer to @Archer)... I think you'll find many reasonably priced hotels...
    ::psy::::psy::
    :-D
    London hotels.JPG

Euxinus, dsio and ConElPueblo like this.
  4. tapaptpat Oct 12, 2017

Airbnb.co.uk if you get tired of looking for hotels.

Cheers p

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 12, 2017

Indeed. You can shop in Covent Garden Market there, or take a stroll along the Thames river or in Victoria Park...also has the dubious honor of having the most serial killers in the word at one point...

If you are coming, brings some warm clothes...that time of year...;)

6. ConElPueblo Oct 12, 2017

Thanks for the invite to the, undoubtedly, wonderful London Ontario, but we'll stick to Europe for the time being :D

propervinyl, tapaptpat and gostang9 like this.
  7. neilfrancis Oct 12, 2017

Coming to T4aP?

tapaptpat and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  8. mr_yossarian Oct 12, 2017

If he does, I will too, latest December!

9. tyrantlizardrex Oct 12, 2017

No December T4AP... unless everyone wants to pay £100 a ticket to cover room rental. :(

CitzenM Bankside is good and often affordable... also air b&b locations in the Barbican for under £100 a night. :)

10. mr_yossarian Oct 12, 2017

Ok. November! Got clearance from my wife, yeah!

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  11. Just Livin Oct 12, 2017

I often love perusing laterooms.com or booking.com
    Both of which supply hotel and apartment options for your dates of choice.

tapaptpat likes this.
  12. mikechi22 Oct 12, 2017

I was there almost exactly a year ago and stayed at Hotel Indigo Tower Hill. It wasn’t quite in the thick of things, but was about half the cost of anywhere else. It was a cool 50s era building. I’d go back! Wish I could right now, in fact!

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 12, 2017

South Bank ( Southwark St) is the place ... try Citizen M or Mercure London Bridge. Perfect central location. Near Tate Modern. Also I like to stay at Lancaster Hotel at Lancaster Gate ... Right off Central line. PS ... Love Mondrian at Sea Containers ... hip but Pricey.

Edited Oct 12, 2017
    Hattrick and tapaptpat like this.
  14. dialstatic Oct 13, 2017

I honestly have no idea about price as it was booked for me (work trip) but I remember enjoying the Apex Hotel London Wall. Boutique styling, modern, good location. Hope you have a nice trip - it's a fantastic city.

Hattrick likes this.
  15. ConElPueblo Oct 13, 2017

Thanks for all the great advice :thumbsup:

I only a few hours ago realised that I had made the same error which I always point out in "Is this a good deal..?" threads, namely that I hadn't mentioned a price ::facepalm2::
    We expect to spend around £350 for three nights which rules out a few of the, otherwise brilliant, suggestions. My girlfriend is pregnant at the moment which is why we'd rather stay reasonably central, as we could go back to the room for an afternoon nap if required. I'm looking at some of the suggestions now and hope to book something this weekend. AirBnb is a good option, but the requirement of scanning ID with full social security numbers is a major turn-off. I cannot believe that they demand something which is illegal where I live and don't seem to realise it.

propervinyl likes this.
  16. JohnSteed Oct 13, 2017

Leaving LDN today, seems unseasonably warmer than expected most days. Only needed a very light fleece one late night stroll. Enjoy

17. trackpad Oct 13, 2017

@ConElPueblo Don't let "this is illegal in Denmark" stop you. That standard could stop you from a lot of good things in life. Low-level tax evasion and jaywalking to name a few.

But mind the reviews! Look for a host with a solid track record. And be aware of the neighborhood or area of town it is in, relative to what you want to see. Check out the google street view, and (very important) pick a place with a flexible cancellation policy!

I've used it all over the world and never had a bad experience, knock on wood. A much cozier and interesting experience for the money at almost every price level.

18. trackpad Oct 13, 2017

P.S. I've also had good experiences locating and booking via Booking.com – and really horrible ones with Expedia.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  19. ConElPueblo Oct 13, 2017

No way I am sharing sensitive information with a company like that. Far too many risks and I am principally against it. They'll have to make do without my money ;)

20. neilfrancis Oct 13, 2017

I don't think anyone else has mentioned them yet, but you might take a look at Premier Inn. They're all over London. So are ibis.
    Cheap, clean and cheerful, in my experience... and I think in range for the budget?
    Hope that you enjoy your visit.

tapaptpat likes this.