Reasonable price for an almost mint 2254 seamaster 300 full set?

Posts
662
Likes
2,030
Hi guys,
What price do you think is reasonable for a seamaster 300 2254.50.00 , Peter Blake , sword hands?


 
Posts
2,326
Likes
1,886
I paid $1500 on strap a couple years ago. i would hope you could pay no more than $2000 but I've seen asking prices in the $2500 range.

Tom
 
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,703
I paid $1500 on strap a couple years ago. i would hope you could pay no more than $2000 but I've seen asking prices in the $2500 range.

Tom

I think you are on the money here, so to speak. I would guess that a specimen like this one with a very light level of polish - if any - and full set would be $2500 or a bit more.
 
Posts
662
Likes
2,030
The specimen here is totally clear and no polished at all. I saw it in person, so I am thinking of buying. The watch is like it never got out of the box literally... Just a few hairlines on the clasp and a small scratch on the bezel which can not be seen easily..
So its not a simple seamaster... this sword handed are more expensive.. Just as I imagined...
 
Posts
2,326
Likes
1,886
this sword handed are more expensive.. Just as I imagined...

They only made these for a few years so they're somewhat in demand.

There is a thread on here for converting that bracelet to the adjustable clasp, by the way. Love it on mine. Get the long one with the dive extension.

I can dig out the BOM if you like, my watchmaker ordered the parts for me, about $215 if I remember right.

Tom
 
Posts
1,174
Likes
7,602
I believe it's been polished a bit for resale. The clasp can easily be polished up with a scotch brite pad. If you zoom in on the 2nd picture there is some dirt under the bezel which doesn't get there from being a safe queen. Still, watch looks to be in nice condition, and I would expect to go in the $2500 range with all the extras.
 
Posts
261
Likes
201
I bought mine in 2007 for $1600 new from my AD. Sold it a couple years later and regretted it. Bought an almost new one pre owned full box and papers for $2100 earlier this year.
 
Posts
662
Likes
2,030
I can dig out the BOM if you like, my watchmaker ordered the parts for me, about $215 if I remember right.
What is the BOM my friend?
I believe it's been polished a bit for resale. The clasp can easily be polished up with a scotch brite pad. If you zoom in on the 2nd picture there is some dirt under the bezel which doesn't get there from being a safe queen. Still, watch looks to be in nice condition, and I would expect to go in the $2500 range with all the extras.
Yes , but still I think the polishing was done only by maybe a cape cod cloth and not a machine...
 
Posts
662
Likes
2,030
I bought mine in 2007 for $1600 new from my AD. Sold it a couple years later and regretted it. Bought an almost new one pre owned full box and papers for $2100 earlier this year.
Price seems to go up day by day since some watch experts made some videos about it, claiming its the best speed master of the latest 20 years...:
The Ultimate Omega Military Submariner? The Classic 2254 Seamaster
 
Posts
261
Likes
201
Price seems to go up day by day since some watch experts made some videos about it, claiming its the best speed master of the latest 20 years...:
The Ultimate Omega Military Submariner? The Classic 2254 Seamaster
I own 5 seamasters and can honestly say the 2254 is my favorite.
 
Posts
3,651
Likes
24,754
Dang, reading threads like this makes me really one, but I have the Seamaster GMT from that era, and feel like they're too similar to own both.

Good luck with your purchase. I think it's a great model. I really prefer these sword hands to the current skeletonized hands.
 
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,703
I believe it's been polished a bit for resale. The clasp can easily be polished up with a scotch brite pad. If you zoom in on the 2nd picture there is some dirt under the bezel which doesn't get there from being a safe queen. Still, watch looks to be in nice condition, and I would expect to go in the $2500 range with all the extras.

The bezel looks like it could have had a mild polish too; the edges of the scalloped bezel gets dull really fast. Still more than acceptable, IMO.
 
Posts
662
Likes
2,030
The bezel looks like it could have had a mild polish too; the edges of the scalloped bezel gets dull really fast. Still more than acceptable, IMO.
Thank you my friend.
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,367
Any service history, with a 15+ yo watch I'd have some money figured into the deal for an overhaul.
 
Posts
2,827
Likes
4,722
Price seems to go up day by day since some watch experts made some videos about it, claiming its the best speed master of the latest 20 years...:
The Ultimate Omega Military Submariner? The Classic 2254 Seamaster
Got to laugh. That's not a 2254. Some experts.
 
Posts
986
Likes
3,013
Six months ago, a similar, minty watch was enlisted here for $2,400
https://mall.elady.com/catalog/product/view/id/297843/
This seller has a code which cuts out 10%, and the watch was sold in two days.

Check a caseback, if it still have a red dot at six o'clock, it means that watc was never opened and perhaps you need to consider a cost of a service soon
 
Posts
662
Likes
2,030
Six months ago, a similar, minty watch was enlisted here for $2,400
https://mall.elady.com/catalog/product/view/id/297843/
This seller has a code which cuts out 10%, and the watch was sold in two days.

Check a caseback, if it still have a red dot at six o'clock, it means that watc was never opened and perhaps you need to consider a cost of a service soon
Thanks my friend! Good to know.
 
Posts
2,326
Likes
1,886
What is the BOM my friend?

Yes , but still I think the polishing was done only by maybe a cape cod cloth and not a machine...
BOM is bill of materials. The list of parts.

Tom