Forums Latest Members
  1. Pvt-Public Aug 3, 2014

2. Buck2466 Aug 3, 2014

Short answer. No!

3. Northernman Lemaniac Aug 3, 2014

Ukrainian Frankenmonster!
    :whipped:Just as much from 1906 as I am!

4. bieb1 Aug 3, 2014

There have been several threads that reference this person from Ukraine, who seems to have a limitless source of original early 1900 Omega pocket watch movements that he turns into these Frankens. You have to admire his creativity in what he turns out, but of course none of these ever left Bienne this way!

tpatta and Northernman like this.
  5. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 3, 2014

early 1900s low grade caliber 19, but missing its original serial number..... it should be on the barrel bridge next to the balance bridge..... total butchery!

6. TexasKevin Aug 5, 2014

This reminds me of ones I've seen on eBay that they call student watches. Watchmaker student projects at Omega, they'd usually have scenes made into the movement. Just curious if those ones are real Omega student watchmaker creations or fakes? Anyone else seen those come up from time to time?

7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 5, 2014

Just as a '31 Ford Hot Rod is NOT an original '31 Ford anymore, he is just being creative and building something he really likes. Have to admire the work.

8. DManzaluni Aug 6, 2014

Hi

Newbie here

I would love to know where he gets his cases made. They look great and in the West, no one knows where to find a case repairer, never mind a case maker! If there is one thing you need to make sure of when heavily over-photographing the same watch in the same way 231 times, it is getting the case to look right!

And he keeps his location a closely guarded secret, sometimes the (obviously) same person with the same pocket watches with a million shill bids pretends to be in Ukraine, sometimes in Lvov, sometimes in Poland etc etc.Sometimes he even covers up where he is completely and ebay lets him use some proxy server in Sacramento?? Or is this something to do with his keeping being thrown off ebay for selling fakes and having to set up new accounts with IP addresses which ebay doesn't know?

But I do wonder why, with all that obfuscated sophistication, he hasn't got a dial man? Why does he take all the dials off and convert so many watches into regulateurs? There must be a VERY Limited market for regulateurs? Does he have some philosophical aversion to dials? Or has he in fact identified a great market for selling the canon pinions and connecting wheels under a different userID?

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 6, 2014

Don't be too thrilled with the cases on these "put together" watches as they may look okay, but are just repurposed (modified) pocket watch cases that lugs have been added to.

I can almost guarantee based on some that I have seen/worked on that there is no case tube for the crown, and there is just a gaping hole in the side of the case where the stem goes through. The front and back just snap on with no gaskets, and with the big hole in the case for the stem, of course zero water resistance, and not much dust/dirt resistance.

Often the see through case back is actually a pocket watch case front bezel and crystal, so the back crystal bulges out like the front one does, making it very uncomfortable to wear.

This stuff is hack work at it's best, although it appears that whoever did the engraving on the movement has some skill. Too bad they don't apply it in a better way.

Cheers, Al

10. Spy You know my name. Aug 6, 2014

First ugly, second junk.