20170708_122557.jpg 20170708_122633.jpg omega2.jpg thumbnail.jpg

2. Hijak Oct 29, 2017

Fake!

Timmert likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 29, 2017

Fake.

Timmert likes this.
  4. tdbear1us Oct 29, 2017

Thanks. I will check with the forum next time before I make a purchase.

JimInOz likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 29, 2017

Very wise move.

And now, just to start your young Jedi training, can you point out the obvious indicators that this is not a genuine Omega?

I'll help you get started with some of the easiest pointers.

Dial: Two immediately obvious non-Omega indications.

Caseback: Two indicators.

Inner caseback: A discrepancy.

Movement: Who made it, certainly not Omega (start looking for AS movements).

Movement markings: Any other makers stamps? Who owned the Import Code (the three letters on the balance cock)?

And to the rest of our esteemed members, so that the OP may discover these important indicators for himself, please refrain from blabbing until he either solves the riddles or asks for help.

Cheers

Jim

6. sevenhelmet Oct 29, 2017

Seems like every time I see this particular small seconds complication model posted, it's a fake. They must be in demand and easy to replicate...

7. Canuck Oct 29, 2017

Case back marked “plaque d’or” (gold plated) on the inside, but “.750” on the outside, falsely claiming to be 18 karat solid alloy. Outside case back engraving should be INSIDE the case back on a real Omega, and if you check out the black spots, that’s the gold electroplating peeling, and the base metal of the case oxidizing. That would not happen on a solid 18 karat gold alloy case. I hope the seller kissed you when you bought it. That should always happen when you get s - - - - - d! With experience, these sorts of indicators get to be very easy to spot. Can you return it? Is there anything misleading in the sales listing? Read, and weep.

8. panaitchrono Oct 30, 2017

I saw that transforming other vintage watch in an Omega it's very popular these days...