Forums Latest Members
  1. fcimadomo3 Dec 25, 2014

Is this Omega Seamaster Real or Fake? Its called the Anakin skywalker believed to be from the 1970's and although I know they really did make a model that was later but not officially coined the Anakin skywalker I just don't know if it is real or not and can not open the case back. My problem with this is what the second hand looks like. This is a private transaction between me and someone else and I need your guys help. These pictures are of the watch I would be buying. The red dot on the orange second directly in the middle, Ive never seen that on any other ones before. Im new to the forum so I'll be posting a lot more. Thank you in advance for help everyone. It is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Georgieboy58 Dec 25, 2014

I'm not a specialized in this model, but my impression is that the red spot is some sort of attempt to repair missing paint that might have fallen off during removal of the seconds hand.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 25, 2014

I'm guessing that hand is probably the same as the one off the Speedmaster MK2 or Soccer Timers, not an overly rare part. Dial looks like the service dial variant with the thicker / heavier font on the subdial font.

4. fcimadomo3 Dec 25, 2014

what would you guys pay for this giving the imperfections?

5. flw history nerd Dec 25, 2014

I'm no expert either, by any means ... But I have a different question: Why does the watch have what appears to be a Speedy bezel (tachymetre) when the case back says Seamaster? Red flag, perhaps? Or not? Just curious ...

6. Georgieboy58 Dec 25, 2014

Just noticed another potential issue: It looks like the gasket is starting to melt into the tachy ring.
    Common issue with watches from this decade.

7. fcimadomo3 Dec 25, 2014

yea i assumed that was because the dial was most likely a replacment since it is around 40 years old

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 25, 2014

Many Seamaster chronographs have had tachy bezels and in fact many Seamaster chronographs shared cases and movements with Speedmasters. The Seamaster 321s most often had the tachy bezel and shared the Moonwatch movement, and later in the Mark 3s there was a lot of overlapping between Seamasters and Speedmasters.

9. flw history nerd Dec 25, 2014

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. I learn something new every time I visit the forum.