Forums Latest Members

Real or Fake omega seamaster 300 coaxial

1. andymar Jun 17, 2016

Hi Guys . I need your advise. I've seen this watch for sale on ebay:http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Omega-Seamaster-Professional-Co-axial-/262487938859?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    The seller cannot provide me with serial nor guarantee that its authentic watch. He says it was won in high stakes poker in poker. I have a feeling that it's a fake omega.

Any advise and input from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

2. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 17, 2016

Sounds bad by the seller's conduct. You can always find a legit omega from a legit, serious seller anytime.
    I'd skip this one if I were you...

lillatroll likes this.
  3. lillatroll Jun 17, 2016

I think the fact that he can't find the serial number or won't make the effort is enough in itself to pass on this one. Not exactly difficult to find another one.

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. ctpete Jun 17, 2016

I am guessing fake. For two reasons: 1) the lume dot on the hour hand is somewhat smaller than on my similar 300M, and 2_ there does not appear to be a serial number on the underside of any of the lugs, as shown in the last pic.

OMGRLX likes this.
  5. ctime3 Jun 17, 2016

I assume a fake no omega symbol above the OMEGA word and the / looks like an x with the depth numbers. The markers look a little small too

OMGRLX likes this.
  6. cwindham Jun 17, 2016

Why would you want to buy this POS anyway considering a bond seamaster with older movement can be had for a few hundred dollars more.
    It looks fake by the bracelet, looking at the watch itself it's hard to tell as I've never seen an Omega symbol fall off a watch face like that. If it is real then it misuse have taken one hell of a knock or there is some serious water intrusion.
    Seller should be able to remove caseback but since he says he cannot then I would consider it a replica.
    Omega logo should be in a silver color and not white.

OMGRLX likes this.
  7. andymar Jun 17, 2016

Thank you for your r
    Thats exactly why I was not sure about it my self. Looked wrong to me too.

8. andymar Jun 17, 2016

Thank you guys for quick reply and advices. I've been looking for this SP 300 for some time and came across this one but the deal was too sweet to be true and since it will be my firs Omega I wanted to ask before spending 1000$ and regreting my decision.

9. cwindham Jun 17, 2016

Yeah, i wasnt trying to sound rude but you can find a genuine one out there for 1300$ that is in good condition with no worries. Something about it looks completely off. Maybe just the foggy crystal, omega writing in white instead of silver, logo falling off or the bezel pip. Only surefire way to tell its a coaxial is by taking off the caseback.

10. Mr Bing Jun 17, 2016

The hands are all wrong, it's a fake.

OMGRLX likes this.
  11. andymar Jun 17, 2016

I'll take your advice and pass on this one. Thanks

12. larryganz The cable guy Jun 18, 2016

In addition, the He escape valve is also in the wrong location, and it's too low at or below 10 o'clock...

13. Superdoc Jun 18, 2016

Fake...
    No doubt
    Position of helium valve
    The bezel insert position
    Hands - look dodgy
    Shallow engraving on caseback
    Lack of serial number
    ? Omega symbol fell off ?
    The crown and crown guard looks just awful.

The seller has no knowledge of it.
    Stay away!