Forums Latest Members
  1. musicmanwai Jan 8, 2020

I am a new member here, and want your help, Is it fake or real movement? Thank you so much

20200107_193444.jpg
  2. redpcar Jan 8, 2020

:confused:
    Real. Looks like from 1966

3. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 8, 2020

Sometimes I really wonder.....Why do you think, this is a FAKE movement? Are we in the Fake News Politician cycle World now? With vintage Watches ? Everything is suspected Fake? Watches with replaced parts for Service Reasons ,are labelled as Fake? Any Idea, how difficult it is to create a complex movement like this? Pls. use Fake sparingly or it will be worn out like all the political disinformation Noise...... kind regards. Achim

dennisthemenace likes this.
  4. timecube Jan 8, 2020

If it's a watch they own or are considering buying, I could honestly understand why someone who is not an expert (or even a knowledgeable amateur) would worry over this. If it's some random piece they found on eBay or at an auction they have no interest in purchasing, yeah- it could be overdone. As a non-expert (and non-knowledgeable amateur) when I look at the "Fake Watch" threads on here I often find myself wondering what is wrong with the posted dial or movement- even when more savvy people point out exactly what is wrong with them.

When I started investigating my own heirloom watch the same questions swirled in my head. I posted pictures of it- and nobody jumped up and shouted "ITS A FAKE" so I was a little more reassured.

musicmanwai and Shabbaz like this.