Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve May 29, 2012

HAHA... don't go there. :D

2. Littleroger May 31, 2012

Ouch! ;-) How about this one?

[​IMG]

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 31, 2012

I just added this strap based on a forum members recommendation. I forgot which forum.

It is a Di-Modell band.

It is incredible. Very comfortable. Highly recommended.

speedy_band.png

4. Caviarboy Jun 1, 2012

Is that the " Rallye Racing " model / strap?

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 1, 2012

Yes, that is the Rallye Racing strap.

6. Caviarboy Jun 1, 2012

Thanks..one more stupid question...size?

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 2, 2012

20mm strap.

8. Caviarboy Jun 2, 2012

Thanks...will be placing an order for one shortly...:cool:

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2012

Only have three that bear the name:
    First is my favourite, Apollo 11, number 11
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Brad Cancian Jun 15, 2012

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, I just discovered the forum, so thanks for having me :)

I have never really been a "watch" guy. About a year ago, when searching for a 30th birthday present for myself, I gave long thought to a nice watch - but also a nice watch that I could wear every day without too much fear of it being damaged, scratched or stop working. I settled without too much trouble on the Speedmaster - I am an Aerospace Engineer and the history, pedigree and construction of this particular watch very much appealed to me. The decision was made, and down I went to my local reputable jewler to make the purchase of a brand new Speedy. Here is my Speedmaster. It's just a "stock" standard model, nothing special, but it is a special one for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apologies for the average photography - this is my first time photographing watches! Oh, and you will note some wear and tear - like I said, I wear this watch everyday (and love it to death).

I have found that I have now also become interested in some of the older model Omegas from the 50s / 60s (Seamaster, Constellation, Cosmic etc) as these seem quite elegant and relatively cheap (relative to the cost of a new watch, that is). I am hoping to use this fine forum to help educate myself before making some more purchases. I think this watch thing may be contagious!

Thanks!

BC

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2012

Speedmasters are always a solid choice, don't know if your dealer suggested it or not but do you have a tube of polywatch? Its the best way to keep your hesalite crystal looking its best, makes very light work of polishing plexiglass and Speedy fans swear by it. The Seamasters and Constellations are an excellent choice for a dress piece, smaller and more elegant than a Speedmaster yet featuring superb movements and finishing, and like the Speedmaster, they can be worn for 30-40 years without time taking any real toll on them. Congrats on your purchase!

12. ulackfocus Jun 15, 2012

HI Brad. I think your photos are just fine. Nice watch. Remember to ask about any potential vintage purchases before you buy so we can help you select a good vintage Omega.

13. rbird7282 Jun 15, 2012

Love the first one.

14. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 8, 2012

IMG_9808.jpg
    I didn't keep this strap on the watch, but for some reason I really like the photo with it on. My wife says it looks like something from the 70s....like the jacket Dennis Hopper wore in Easy Rider, maybe. Maybe I'll get a nice suede fringed jacket to wear with it. Shoot, that may still be in style down under.

15. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 8, 2012

Nice to see that 2998 again - as nice an example of that reference one is likely to see.

16. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 8, 2012

rbird,
    I confess I am in the process of putting one of those 35th anniversary panda dials on a 145.022 st 69 with a newly finished case. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the 4500 on a real one, and with several vintage Speedmasters laying around, I figured the 69 would get more use with a new face. I will always keep the orig. dial and hands with the watch, of course. I love that panda dial...with or w/out the date in red. I do like that the date on the innercase back matches the date on the dial, though. Deciding how to configure the hands has been a chore, though. The correct silver hands on the subdials tend to disappear at many angles, but the all white small hands are just too much. I've seen all kinds of choices with the sweep second hand, too, but I will leave that as orig. And now no one can buy the hour subdial hand in silver from Ofrei, so I am probably going to use the small hands in silver like those on a 2915, at least until I can get the straight ones. I don't want the small hands to draw attention from that beautiful dial.

msnwatch, I hope you aren't too disappointed. I know how you feel about vintage moon watches. The panda grabbed my attention a few months ago and wouldn't let go. It's kinda like the offspring of the two watches in my avatar photo.

17. ulackfocus Jul 8, 2012

That is a sweet watch. The alpha hands and applied Ω logo really look good. Only the original broad arrows are above this on my list. Are the older Speedmasters a little smaller?

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 8, 2012

IMO just slap some Ploprof hands on it and never worry about visibility again :p

19. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 9, 2012

Good on ya. (I saw Crocodile Dundee...that Blonde was pretty hot back then...and I don't mean the guy.) What is "Ploprof"? I get the professional part. Is there a Palestinean Liberation Organization limited edition? Does it have a little cartoon Yassir Arafat in one subdial? After seeing the watch with the colored planets in the subdials, nothing much would surprise me. Now I have to go throw another Casio on the bar-bee, mate.

20. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 9, 2012

I just saw the ploprof. Good lord...I've seen smaller ashtrays. I suppose if I ever needed a combination door stop/wall clock, it would be perfect, and in the event of a flood, it would continue to keep time.