Forums Latest Members
  1. drillzzz Jul 6, 2014

Hey everyone. The name is Frank and this is my first post on this forum. I have been patiently trying to acquire a vintage Omega Seamaster or Constellation. I started by buying a BOR bracelet from ebay but I’m not sure if this item is true vintage, a reproduction, or possibly a fake. I read the how to spot a fake bracelet but still a little confused. The inside is of the bracelet is marked 3010 while the end links are stamped 511. IMG_3759.jpg IMG_3760.jpg IMG_3761.jpg IMG_3762.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 6, 2014

Its not vintage, something vintage would have stamped markings, these are etched.

So its at leaset a modern issue, but I'm not liking the way the center links don't lie flat on the back side, nor do I like the OMEGA marking on the back of the clasp.

I vote counterfeit.

How much did you pay?

3. drillzzz Jul 6, 2014

Hey, thanks for your response. I bought it on eBay for 250 with the option of a 2 week return. I added two more pictures just in case it makes a difference. Perhaps the seller doesn’t know its not authentic. I see what your saying with the links on the reverse side not laying flat. IMG_3764.JPG IMG_3763.JPG

4. bieb1 Jul 6, 2014

Hi Drillzzz,

The 1030 bracelet can still be bought new from Ofrei for 319 usd, with endlinks 511 for an additional 56 usd. As XJR says, not vintage and if authentic, a modern replacement for the Omega BOR bracelets 1036 and 1040 which are no longer made and would be true vintage. If you are looking for vintage, best get your money back and stay on the hunt.

5. drillzzz Jul 6, 2014

Thanks bieb1. Does the bracelet in question also seem a little odd to you? I will definitely keep searching until I land a real vintage BOR but I don’t mind having a modern one to hold me over until then. However, I’d rather have an authentic modern BOR and not a counterfeit modern BOR lol. So sad that such scamming occurs

6. bieb1 Jul 7, 2014

Difficult to tell from just the pictures, but I have a 1162/172 metal bracelet which I bought from Omega direct and it has identical etched markings as yours, only a different number where yours has the 3010. As for the raised Omega logo on the back of the clasp, there are two styles available for this type, either with a stamped logo in a square or a raised one as yours has. If your seller sells more watch related items and has good overall feedback, you should be able to verify that it is genuine and not counterfeit and I think you have a good chance yours is ok. Also, just look around the www.ofrei.com website to see more bracelet, clasp and end piece picures/styles.

7. drillzzz Jul 7, 2014

Thanks for your input bieb1. Glad to hear that there are others that resemble mine. I looked in into the seller and funny enough they have over 8K reviews and not one single item up for sale at the moment. Also, I Looked into the bidding activity and it seems that someone bid on the item 10 times in a row and caused a sky rocketing in the price before my reserve kicked in. Seems all a little fishy. Before I bough the item they had other stuff for sale and now nothing

8. speedbird Jul 8, 2014

Shill bidding on eBay is rampant.