Forums Latest Members
  1. Waltesefalcon Sep 22, 2016

Hi everyone, I am trying to find a decent BOR for my Connie that won't break the bank. I have found these two on eBay and was wondering if either looks legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122138915423?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191972780483?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thanks

2. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Sep 23, 2016

Both look fine to me though I expect the prices to rise once the auction ends.

3. Edward53 Sep 23, 2016

Finding end links for the second BOR may not be easy. Also, BOR end links are temperamental sods and the ones on the first BOR may or may not fit your watch. It's essential to do the research and find out which ones are right for your watch and which ones are on this BOR. Sorry but I don't know where you should look, or whether the absence of numbers means the BOR / links are not genuine. I only know that buying a nice BOR doesn't mean it's going to fit your watch!

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Sep 23, 2016

Here's the nub of my question: "It's essential to do the research and find out which ones are right for your watch"

Let me tell you, google is NOT my friend in this search.

For Speedmasters there's a nice chart of bracelets and endpieces. A very nice chart.

I have yet to locate such a chart for Connies and Seamasters. My "research" is limited to trying to locate watches for sale on eBay with attached bracelets. This is very frustrating and hit and miss.

Do you have a better suggestion?

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 23, 2016

I have yet to locate such a chart for Connies and Seamasters. My "research" is limited to trying to locate watches for sale on eBay with attached bracelets. This is very frustrating and hit and miss.

Do you have a better suggestion?[/QUOTE]

Start a 'post your Connie/ Seamaster BOR end links' thread?

Edit
    But ask for specific watch references with them

6. Edward53 Sep 23, 2016

I'm simply pointing out that without knowing which links you require, there's a significant chance of ending up with the wrong ones. I think I made it fairly clear in my original post that I do not know where to find this information. Someone else may do better. It might very well be on this forum somewhere, but I'm not the one who needs to do the looking.

7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Sep 23, 2016

All righty, then.

8. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Sep 23, 2016

That's a really good idea.

Peemacgee likes this.
  9. Waltesefalcon Sep 23, 2016

So with BORs the end links are just as important as the bracelet itself? I am guessing that only certain end links will fit properly on certain references? If I obtain the correct end links for my watch will they work with any BOR or will they only work with certain ones?

10. Vicke Sep 23, 2016

Of course not. Did you really think it'll be that easy? ;)

11. Waltesefalcon Sep 23, 2016

"Of course not. Did you really think it'll be that easy?"

What can I say, I was hoping. What I was really hoping for was that I could either get the correct end links and then find a BOR, or get a BOR and then find the correct end links.

12. Edward53 Sep 23, 2016

Shouldn't be a problem if they are Omega end links, assuming of course that they are for the standard 7 or 9 bead width BOR.

13. Spike Sep 23, 2016

The end links are specific to the case reference of the watch and the BOR they are to fit to.

My BOR coded 1037 (no.29) needed end links coded 570 which are the correct end links for my Connie case reference 168.005 and fit the 1037 bracelet. It originally came with 609 end links which were for a different case reference but were still correct for the 1037 bracelet.

How did I confirm this? I emailed Omega in the UK and then confirmed this with a parts supplier who confirmed that was the correctly coded end links required and they were correct for that specific BOR.

It wasn't all that difficult to find out the correct answer!