Forums Latest Members

Reactions to this De Ville women's watch from 70s - thoughts appreciated

1. b-lilja Jun 16, 2019

2. jeppehh Jun 16, 2019

Posting pictures in the thread usually increases replies. This also makes the thread useful in the future as the link will expire and then nobody will be able to enjoy and use the wonderful advice I’m sure you’ll get.

DaveK and ext1 like this.
  3. MacoLR Jun 16, 2019

it's a lady watch... 21mm.

Movement looks original, case too, I can't understand if the dial it's a readial or not

4. b-lilja Jun 16, 2019

Photos:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.52.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.54.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.56.03 AM.png
  5. b-lilja Jun 16, 2019

Just a couple of more specific questions:
    What do folks think about the crown? Other similar DeVilles I'm seeing have a flat top.
    Does the NOS claim seem legit given the blue protective plastic, or have people seen that left on?
    Do women's crystals have the Omega logo? I don't see it here.

Thanks again all for thoughts!

6. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jun 16, 2019

You can buy plastic watch back protectors. I’d bet my Cheerios that it is newly added. That strap is too big for the watch, no way it left Omega wearing it. Photos aren’t good enough for me to guess if the watch was lightly worn or polished, but you can have my morning coffee too if this is NOS. Does that box look like it was sitting safely in a jewellers back office for 30 years? You might need a loupe to see the Omega signed crystal, if it is there at all. Women tend to not like bling, so possible that ladies watches do not have the Omega signature on them ::rimshot::. This may not be a problem, but it is good to consider, if the watchmaker didn’t have access to an original crystal, what else did she not have access to?

7. b-lilja Jun 16, 2019

Yeah, clearly the strap is aftermarket.

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 16, 2019

Certainly not NOS. Has a generic replacement crown, case has been polished so that the lugs have lost their facets and the strap is obviously wrong. The purple snot on the back can be purchased from most watch suppliers.

There are better examples out there.

9. b-lilja Jun 16, 2019

Re the crown - I haven't found this specific watch in catalogues, but I am seeing similar domed crowns with no logo.

Re the case, it does seem polished, though it's slightly out of focus, and I am seeing similar DeVilles with double faceted lugs - curious to see it in real life.